PDA

View Full Version : Would you and should you move in with KK?

DKNY
05-02-2003, 02:23 PM
Say early in a NLHE tournament, blinds are very small compare to your stack. Full table. You don't have a read on your opponents yet and you picked up KK.

Situation 1: You're in early position folded to you, raise 4x the BB. One late caller, SB comes over the top for half of his chips. Should you re-raise, fold or call here?

Situation 2: Early limper, folded to you in late. You re-raise the size of the pot, folded to early who re-raises you half of his chips. What should you do now?

sdplayerb
05-02-2003, 02:38 PM
What kind of tournament?
One where the levels double every 15 minutes? Or one where it cost $100+ and levels go up about 50% every 30 minutes?

I assume no rebuys or addons or else a clear move all in.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-02-2003, 02:53 PM
I might be way off base here, but regardless of when this happens, I'm not going to be afraid of moving in with KK. This could just as easily be AK trying to chase out Queens or Jacks. I'd raise all-in in both cases. If he has Aces, so be it.

ohkanada
05-02-2003, 03:04 PM
I would likely move in for both scenarios. Of course the person doing it might make a difference. But if the blinds are small compared to the stacks, why would someone with AA raise 1/2 a stack?

Ken Poklitar

Greg (FossilMan)
05-02-2003, 04:05 PM
I'd have to go with my read on the player. Since it's early in the tourney, I probably know almost nothing about the guy. However, I'd still have to say there is no clearly correct answer. It would depend a lot upon the type of tourney this is, just how deep the stacks are compared to the blinds, and the demeanor of the raiser.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)