PDA

View Full Version : Ridata DVD -R errors

steelcmg
09-14-2005, 04:36 PM
The other day i bought a pack of 100 Ridata - r dvds off newegg for about 30$. I have tried to back up some things and so far 10 of the discs have given me errors only 5 have actually worked. I have had a good success with Ridata DVD +R in the past only getting maybe 5 bad ones out of 100. Im wondering if there maybe something wrong with my burner or could i have gotten a bad shipment of DVDs. Also could it be wise to switch brands after this. I want something that has good quality and is pretty cheep in price and i have gotten this in the past form Ridata but if this is a trend i may need to switch.

Wake up CALL
09-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Taiyo Yuden manufactures the best DVD-r disc. The ones from Japan not Taiwan. Ritek discs have indeed gone downhill.

testaaja
09-15-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The other day i bought a pack of 100 Ridata - r dvds off newegg for about 30$. I have tried to back up some things and so far 10 of the discs have given me errors only 5 have actually worked. I have had a good success with Ridata DVD +R in the past only getting maybe 5 bad ones out of 100. Im wondering if there maybe something wrong with my burner or could i have gotten a bad shipment of DVDs. Also could it be wise to switch brands after this. I want something that has good quality and is pretty cheep in price and i have gotten this in the past form Ridata but if this is a trend i may need to switch.

[/ QUOTE ]
The discs are bad or your burner can't burn them properly (I choose option 1). You really should buy some good dvd-rs when you are going to backup things, I've seen that the better you buy the more sure you are that you can really back things up. Btw samsung and memorex have been good for me.