PDA

View Full Version : A few RPS scenarios!

dtbog
09-14-2005, 04:04 PM
The RPS post inspired me, so I'm going to construct some scenarios, and you all vote.

1) best-of-five match

SSRSR -- Hero
RSSPP -- Villain

Hero, next?

2) best-of-five match, same villain, later on

SSSP -- Hero
PRSR -- Villain

Hero, next?

3) best-of-one match, same villain

Hero: ??
villain: ??

Superfluous Man
09-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Match 1: He's all cised to throw paper again, with his 1r-2s-3p pattern. Also, you've thrown scissors so much lately, he'll think you're going for a rock gambit, and thus pick paper. Scissors it is.

Match 2: Again, he hasn't seen you throw rock in a while. Also, he may be on some kind of P-R-S-R-P pattern. This makes him think you're going rock, so he'll go paper. You nail him with the scissors.

Match 3: "Good ol' rock, nothin' beats that!"

mosch
09-14-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't like the scissors opening, unless you have a strong read on your opponent. In my experience, many roshambo amateurs go rock on the first throw.

09-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Match1/Match2 I agree with super.

Match 3, I think paper won't lose, though it may tie. I think it really depends on the outcome of Match 2 though.

dtbog
09-19-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Match 1: He's all cised to throw paper again, with his 1r-2s-3p pattern. Also, you've thrown scissors so much lately, he'll think you're going for a rock gambit, and thus pick paper. Scissors it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I think his clear worst throw is scissors, so I throw paper. I play this one defensively.

If he throws paper and we tie, I hit him with the scissors.