PDA

View Full Version : $5.50 Tough Hand (I think)

09-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Commentary on all streets please. I've taken the blinds twice (villain was BB one of those times) in the last few orbits and shown AQo and QQ. $5.5.

UTG 2055
Villain UTG + 1 1340
Hero 1755
CO 1900
Button 915
SB 1150
BB 885

Blinds(15/30)

Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG folds
Villain calls
Hero raises to 130
Folds to Villain
Villain calls

Pot: 305
Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets 160
Hero calls

Pot: 625
Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain checks
Hero bets 200
Villain pushes (900 more)
Hero folds

Edit: put in my hand

pooh74
09-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Definitely tough when you cant see your own cards. Though Irie may disagree

09-14-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely tough when you cant see your own cards. Though Irie may disagree

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to make a serious effort to remember to put my cards in next time.

Fixed.

pooh74
09-14-2005, 03:57 PM
what are the blinds? The one thing I might have a problem with is your PF raise. otherwise, if you think villain is not likely to make a move, then laying down seems about right.

pokerlaw
09-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I think that 1) you overplayed A10s PF and 2) not laying down on the flop is not goot.

pooh74
09-14-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that 1) you overplayed A10s PF and 2) not laying down on the flop is not goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I agree...thats why I asked the blind size...bad raise though.

2. no, laying down is bad...raise to 350 and fold to a reraise and if called check behind this heart turn and fold to a river bet.

I agree playing AT this strongly PF is leaky, but laying down to a flop bet here is weaky.

durron597
09-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Please put buyin in thread subject.

lorinda
09-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Oddly I don't think your hand matters much in this hand.

I think it's fine with the same preflop concerns that others have said about blind sizes.

Lori

09-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Wow, I left out like everything.

Anyway, thanks for the advice about preflop play. I've probably raised preflop with these low blinds with ATs < 10% of the time, but since my image was the man who raises preflop with AQ and QQ, I decided it was +EV. I see now that that was pretty dumb.

What range do people put villain on here on all streets?

cleinen
09-14-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but since my image was the man who raises preflop with AQ and QQ

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think your image plays much in the mind of people at low buyin SNGs...IMO.

pooh74
09-14-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, thanks for the advice about preflop play. I've probably raised preflop with these low blinds with ATs < 10% of the time, but since my image was the man who raises preflop with AQ and QQ, I decided it was +EV. I see now that that was pretty dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

At a low BI SNG? Pretty wide. Asumming he's not a total donk or maniac. Obviously a set, suited heart connectors all play like this with the limp PF and call. But also, maybe he played a weak ace and 2 paired or K9 (kh) something crazy.

on the other hand, maybe he took you off the ace because of your flop call instead of a raise (many players will assume if you have top pair and there is a flush draw, you'd raise it, therefore, he might think his PP or 2nd pair are good here).

In sum...i have no clue. But I dont like the way you played this hand, that being said, I wouldnt be surprised if you were ahead here close to 50% of the time. But thats high on the range.

pokerlaw
09-14-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I agree...thats why I asked the blind size...bad raise though.

2. no, laying down is bad...raise to 350 and fold to a reraise and if called check behind this heart turn and fold to a river bet.

I agree playing AT this strongly PF is leaky, but laying down to a flop bet here is weaky.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe laying down A10s here IS weak. i dont really put myself in these situations and this early (w/ the size of PF raise, i assumed t30 blinds) I don't want to putting any more chips in - but a RR is prob a better decision against a lot of players.

09-14-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At a low BI SNG? Pretty wide. Asumming he's not a total donk or maniac. Obviously a set, suited heart connectors all play like this with the limp PF and call. But also, maybe he played a weak ace and 2 paired or K9 (kh) something crazy.

on the other hand, maybe he took you off the ace because of your flop call instead of a raise (many players will assume if you have top pair and there is a flush draw, you'd raise it, therefore, he might think his PP or 2nd pair are good here).

In sum...i have no clue. But I dont like the way you played this hand, that being said, I wouldnt be surprised if you were ahead here close to 50% of the time. But thats high on the range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks; that's the kind of clear "you're an idiot" talk I needed.

Results:

He shows 33 with 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I think I would've posted this hand even if he didn't, though.

Given that I end up on the turn (I can get to this turn in a lot of hands that are played reasonably), what do you think about check behind with intent to call a bluff or check on any non-heart river?

pooh74
09-16-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks; that's the kind of clear "you're an idiot" talk I needed.

Results:

He shows 33 with 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I think I would've posted this hand even if he didn't, though.

Given that I end up on the turn (I can get to this turn in a lot of hands that are played reasonably), what do you think about check behind with intent to call a bluff or check on any non-heart river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the way you played the flop (which is the problem, sort of) I would check behind on the turn and call almost any non heart river of a bet of almost any size. But its not the way I would play it.

Oluwafemi
09-16-2005, 06:14 PM
preflop: i would've raised to t100-110
on the flop: instead of calling t160, i would've raised to t650 [which represents a large portion of villain's remaining stack] and if he reraises all-in, i call.

09-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Re-raise that flop with top pair decent kicker and you fold your smaller pockets, mid pairs and most likely flush draws. It will also give you more information as to the strength of his hand.