PDA

View Full Version : Empire VIP account

Rootabager
09-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Is it me or is Empire's VIP program( and points program in general) retarded. They take the square root of raked hands played for points. Seems like you have to play way to many hands to get anything. I got 500 last month and played a ton.
That wont even get you a hat. The ipod seems impossible to ever reach.

1C5
09-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah, MTTs are the best way to get points fast.

Rootabager
09-15-2005, 02:39 AM
You think it's possible to get the I-pod 19000 points is crazy. Is anyone out there a VIP member yet? I think it's 5k points

47outs
09-15-2005, 03:28 AM
Im a royal flush member with 16k points. There are people were with way more than that as well.

outs

solucky
09-15-2005, 09:48 AM
A friend of mine make 200+ points on one day. If you have time and play the 10+1 MTTs over the day the points are not a problem and the most MTTs are more like a sit and go.

Rootabager
09-15-2005, 11:19 AM
So the only way to get them is through MTT. Because I have been playing 1200 hands of limit everyday and hardly makes a dent.

fullhouse
09-15-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So the only way to get them is through MTT. Because I have been playing 1200 hands of limit everyday and hardly makes a dent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its the fastes way.

If you play 10 MTT a day you got 10x10 points + 1 point for every $1 you pay the house to enter a multi-table tournament.

5 MTTs 10+1, 3 MTTs 20+2, 2 MTTs 30+3 = 120 EPoints (240EP if you are a VIP).

To earn the same ammount of points per day you have to play 14400 raked hands /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarlNiclas
09-16-2005, 05:07 AM
Sometimes they do drives and upgrade players without them having reached the requisite points. I was upgraded about a year ago or so and I wasn't even close to getting there on my own. (I only played limit games). But even when you're a VIP it's a pretty crappy rewards programme.

Scuba Chuck
09-19-2005, 04:13 AM
LOL, this guy has at least 100k pts.

When you play as many hours as I do (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3367475&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

Scuba Chuck
09-19-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes they do drives and upgrade players without them having reached the requisite points. I was upgraded about a year ago or so and I wasn't even close to getting there on my own. (I only played limit games). But even when you're a VIP it's a pretty crappy rewards programme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they inform you about the drive? And do you have to be pre-VIP to earn the bonus points?

1C5
09-19-2005, 11:59 AM
I emailed them about 4 times telling them how mad I was that I was not bumped with 2300 points where others were bumped with 1500 points.

They still never bumped me. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

CarlNiclas
09-20-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do they inform you about the drive? And do you have to be pre-VIP to earn the bonus points?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I was just bumped (about 2000 points if I recall correctly) and got an email welcoming me to the VIP-club. No info as to why or how or what had happened.

1C5
09-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Last email:

I am not going to continue playing at Empire everyday, just let management know that I am fed up waiting to be "promoted" while other people have been promoted to VIP with much less play then me. I will be playing at Eurobet mostly instead as this is stupid. If they based the promotion on amount played or time being a member of Empire I can understand but it seems they just pick at random who to promote. It is garbage.

1C5
09-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Reply:

Thank you for contacting us further.

I am really sorry that you feel this way as we certainly do not wish to lose any player from our site, whatever their status.

I do hope that you will reconsider and continue to support us but as previously outlined, we at VIP support have no influence over the Marketing team decisions.

Thank you for choosing EmpirePoker.

Best regards,

Michele
Empire Poker
VIP Players Club
Customer Support Team

Scuba Chuck
09-21-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Reply:

Thank you for contacting us further.

I am really sorry that you feel this way as we certainly do not wish to lose any player from our site, whatever their status.

I do hope that you will reconsider and continue to support us but as previously outlined, we at VIP support have no influence over the Marketing team decisions.

Thank you for choosing EmpirePoker.

Best regards,

Michele
Empire Poker
VIP Players Club
Customer Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting with the implied confirmation that players are bumped. I'm pretty sure I was bumped....

1C5
09-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes, previous email:

Thank you for contacting customer support.

We do not "bump" players to VIP Status at VIP Support.

However, from time to time our marketing team may run a promotion and promote some players to VIP status.

There are several parameters and criteria that the management take into account and only they may decide when and which players should be promoted to VIP Club members.

Vetstadium
09-21-2005, 12:01 PM
It does take awhile to accumulate anything.

SharkBait
09-21-2005, 03:49 PM
I got bumped a couple weeks ago. I had been playing alot (maybe 20K hands) of 2/4 NL over a couple of weeks prior to getting bumped. Typically, I only play SNGs (on empire and other sites) and MTTs (a few on Empire but mostly other sites).