PDA

View Full Version : AQ OOP 5/10

JimmyJazz1
09-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm reviewing this hand a day later, so no reads on villian. I remember the table had been extremely loose/crazy. Am I being too much of a calling station? After looking over this I really think I should have folded the flop for 1 bet. THoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (7.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB

wackjob
09-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Raise the turn.

09-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Why raise this turn? The only hands you are ahead of are PPs (9s and lower) and AJ(maybe kj and qj but it seems highly unlikely).

Any one cap this preflop?

wackjob
09-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Because you have a strong made hand and it is a perfect place to bluff and your play on other streets makes it a very believable play.

JimmyJazz1
09-14-2005, 02:57 PM
What hands do you put the Button on that i'm beating? The only hand I can think of is 1010. I have 4 outs to my boat, and probably only 2 of them are clean since the button could easily have AK.

wackjob
09-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Lets ask a different question. Why did you call the flop bet?

mr pink
09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
why couldnt you put that in the original post?

no offense, but you have a habit of posting one liners in what seem to be complicated situations and then offering no reason for the play that you think is correct.

i'm not trying to be a dick here, but it's something i've noticed.

wackjob
09-14-2005, 03:01 PM
When I post a 1-liner, its because that is how I would likely play the hand &amp; I'm then inviting comments on what I've said. Instead of taking 5 minutes to explain every play I make, I'd rather entice others to find something wrong with it or to agree/disagree.

JimmyJazz1
09-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I questioned that myself if you read my original post. It may have been tilt, so I think calling the flop bet was a bad play. Not sure what i'm ahead of here and my odds to drawing out are very low since I could easily be drawing to second bests. Anyone think that calling the flop is correct?

mr pink
09-14-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I post a 1-liner, its because that is how I would likely play the hand &amp; I'm then inviting comments on what I've said. Instead of taking 5 minutes to explain every play I make, I'd rather entice others to find something wrong with it or to agree/disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, at least now that makes some more sense.

i personally don't really see any reason to raise this turn. i don't see any better hands folding.

mr pink
09-14-2005, 03:07 PM
i think with the bd flush draw and the gutshot you're ok peeling one on the flop. a queen will usually win if for you too. getting 13.5 to 1, i think this is a call.

mscags
09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
This is tough, but I play it the same way. There isn't much that you beat, but you can't fold if its just one bet to call

wackjob
09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is tough, but I play it the same way. There isn't much that you beat, but you can't fold if its just one bet to call

[/ QUOTE ]

Why exactly can't you fold here? This is a WA/WB situation. You must decide which one you are and act accordingly. Personally I think once the flop bet was called you should raise the turn. However, the real guts of this hand is the flop: should you call the flop bet? Your response screams weak-tight chaser.

mr pink
09-14-2005, 03:18 PM
what's wrong with folding the turn?

edit: or rather, calling the turn and folding the river UI?

wackjob
09-14-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's wrong with folding the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you call the flop if you will fold the turn when you improve your hand? Look at my previous post. Putting villain on a 10 doesn't make any sense.

mr pink
09-14-2005, 03:25 PM
because you're getting 13.5 to 1 on the flop and only 8 to 1 on the turn.

wackjob
09-14-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because you're getting 13.5 to 1 on the flop and only 8 to 1 on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this hand has a lot less to do with pot odds than most. If you think that if you fill up on the river and that your hand would then be good.. you really have the implied odds to the call the turn bet. Of course, you still need to go back to the flop play where you are VERY LIKELY to be drawing at best to 2 outs.

mr pink
09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you still need to go back to the flop play where you are VERY LIKELY to be drawing at best to 2 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

wackjob, i feel like you're trying to teach me something here, which i appreciate. but could you stop effing around and explain why the gutshot on the flop is only with 2 outs?

kidcolin
09-14-2005, 03:33 PM
So if you're folding the turn, you're only drawing to a gutshot on the flop, and one which is either

A) being chopped, cutting your odds in half, or
B) is susceptible to a ton of redraws, hurting your odds further

I'm with wackjob on this one. If you're calling the flop you can't fold that turn. Raise it up, possibly fold to a 3-bet, though I'd probably puss out and call down.