PDA

View Full Version : Im Getting Divorced... Can Anyone Help

HoldEm_Hero
09-14-2005, 02:03 PM
OOT

Heres the bottom line. Im 21, married for one year, make $100,000++ a year and live in a $550,000 house. We have $40,000 equity in the house. We also have one child together. How painfull is this gonna be? Anyone know? Am I gonna have to pay alimony on top of child support or what? Basically I took this little trailer ass girl out of nothing and threw her into this lifestyle.We both drive Mercedes. How much is this [censored] gonna cost? There was no infidelity I just cant stand her anymore. She does nothing. She was a model when we met in NY. Then we came down to FL and got married. Help!!!!

mmbt0ne
09-14-2005, 02:06 PM
"We want pre-nup, WE WANT PRE-NUP"

btw, prolly a fair amount. Sorry. You're rich though, hire someone to get her to cheat on you.

touchfaith
09-14-2005, 02:07 PM
good luck, you're [censored].

MelchyBeau
09-14-2005, 02:08 PM
http://www.modelguns.co.uk/images/deeagle5.jpg

Melch

LethalRose
09-14-2005, 02:10 PM
get a lawyer.

FouTight
you are going to get alimowned...

TheWorstPlayer
Get a good lawyer. It's worth it.

Edit: And this thread is worthless without pics.

kerssens
stories like that make me glad I'm an ugly son of a bitch that will never have anything remotely similar happen in my life.

Voltron87
09-14-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

this forum has been on fire for the last week, so much funny stuff

LethalRose
[ QUOTE ]
Get a good lawyer. It's worth it.

Edit: And this thread is worthless without pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

and blog links.

phlup
I've never fired a gun in my life. When is the safety on, when the lock is up or down?

09-14-2005, 02:12 PM
100k = rich? oh boy

Quercus
09-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Child support is a given.

Florida is not a community property state, so alimony is a possibility.

Ask a lawyer, you'll get a better answer.

LethalRose
09-14-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
100k = rich? oh boy

[/ QUOTE ]

in some states it is.

in florida, i think not.

OCEIGHTY
09-14-2005, 02:15 PM
People may have noticed that we've loosened up a little here, but vulgarity, profanity, and insensitivity, all combined, still leads to barring.

HoldEm_Hero
09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that mean not a community property state? Also, my dad is a co-signer on the house, help me at all?

DcifrThs
09-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Call a lawyer from the law firm in FL:

Luvum and Burnem Family Law

Barron

touchfaith
09-14-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically I took this little trailer ass girl out of nothing and threw her into this lifestyle. She thinks I broke her heart, I think I just broke her hymen

[/ QUOTE ]

Come to think of it, I hope you do get raped.

What happened? Let me guess...you cheated on her.

HoldEm_Hero
09-14-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically I took this little trailer ass girl out of nothing and threw her into this lifestyle. She thinks I broke her heart, I think I just broke her hymen

[/ QUOTE ]

Come to think of it, I hope you do get raped.

What happened? Let me guess...you cheated on her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said no infidelity [censored]. Just cant stand her anymore. It was a bit extreme and a joke so relax.

HoldEm_Hero
09-14-2005, 02:21 PM
We were both with the same agency in NY. Heres the link with a pic and bio of her from a competition here in Florida she won.
http://talentrock.com/SuccessStories/StoryDetails.cfm?section=Talent&month=5&year=2004& storyID=21&storyTypeID=1

mslif
09-14-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OOT

Heres the bottom line. Im 21, married for one year, make $100,000++ a year and live in a $550,000 house. We have $40,000 equity in the house. We also have one child together. How painfull is this gonna be? Anyone know? Am I gonna have to pay alimony on top of child support or what? Basically I took this little trailer ass girl out of nothing and threw her into this lifestyle. She thinks I broke her heart, I think I just broke her hymen. We both drive Mercedes. How much is this [censored] gonna cost? There was no infidelity I just cant stand her anymore. She does nothing. She was a model when we met in NY. Then we came down to FL and got married. Help!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get a lawyer and he or she will be able to help you better than anyone in OOT can.

PS: "I took this little trailer ass girl out of nothing and threw her into this lifestyle. She thinks I broke her heart, I think I just broke her hymen"
This is not the way you should describe the mother of your child. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

steelcmg
09-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Here we go again with the pics and blogs.

gmrankin
09-14-2005, 02:24 PM
** Be advised... I AM NOT A LAWYER** but here are some things to think about... as you kick yourself for making such a huge mistake:)

i am going through this is GA, so FL law is probably going to be slightly different... they couldn't make it that easy... So before i start - my first advise, go see a laywer...

anyway, as far as you kid... GA's law is anywhere from 17%-23% of your gross yearly salary for child support. you do the math. Either google it or call a lawyer to find out how FLs laws work concerning CS. I have tried to go the "can i get custody" route, but because of the age of your baby, the courts are more likely to give primamry physical custody to your ex-to-be. Sounds like she was a "stay at home mother" and therefore has been the kids primary caregiver... you might be out of luck... Unless she is an unfit mother, then fight for your kid... It will cost you $$, but it is worth it. that is going to be between you and your laywer to decide...

Your Stuff, If it was your before the marrige, it is still yours, if it was bought after the "I Do's" you are probably going to either split it, or sell it. again, TALK TO A LAWYER.

I think that the one thing you have on your side is that you haven't been married long... might help you with the spousal support issue. It's not like your ex is to old to go to school, or support her self on her own... or that she wasted 20 years of her life following you around the world taking care of your kids... and now cannot find a job...

Anyway, goodluck and again, find a good lawyer.

HopeydaFish
09-14-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We were both with the same agency in NY. Heres the link with a pic and bio of her from a competition here in Florida she won.
http://talentrock.com/SuccessStories/StoryDetails.cfm?section=Talent&month=5&year=2004& storyID=21&storyTypeID=1

[/ QUOTE ]

So who wants to be the one to contact her and direct her to this thread?

The Lexington Brian thread will eventually run out of steam, and we need to start thinking about getting another one brewing to entertain us in the future.

TheWorstPlayer
09-14-2005, 02:31 PM
We need more pics, but preliminary analysis says that you shouldn't get divorced.

drewjustdrew
09-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Why don't you just urge her to join the gym? She'll whip that post-childbirth tummy back into shape in no time.

KeysrSoze
09-14-2005, 02:34 PM
haf

LethalRose
09-14-2005, 02:34 PM
I think you have wrong attitude towards this divorce. You shouldnt be worrying about how much a divorce will cost you. Do whats best for your child. Your issue is with your wife. You got married way to young bro, i mean your posting here for advice on getting a divorce.

captZEEbo1
09-14-2005, 02:38 PM
is it possible to see a marriage counselor, or are you really past that stage? Seems like you hardly had a chance to work this out. "I"m sick of her" seems like the kind've thing you'd say about a roommate who'd never keep the house clean.

Quercus
09-14-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that mean not a community property state? Also, my dad is a co-signer on the house, help me at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a community property state, typically the courts will look at all property acquired during the marraige and split that down the middle. There is _generally_ no alimony paid. However, only 9 states are community property states and to the best of my knowledge, Florida isn't one of them.

The courts generally prefer that the divorcing couple work out a fair deal themselves and then they'll sign off on that. However, many divorcing couples refuse to do that (especially once lawyers get involved adding a layer of indirection - making it much easier for things to get nasty) and the courts end up having to arbitrate.

Your father being a cosigner on the house should be irrelevant. As part of the divorce, the disposition of the house has to be considered. $40,000 in equity is part of the marital estate as is the $510,000 in debt. A lot of times what happens is that the couple will sell the house and split whatever cash comes out.

One person can offer to buy the other out of their equity and re-mortgage the house in their name. Sometimes one spouse will be allowed to live in the house while the other has to pay for it.

Its hard to say - that's why you need to get a lawyer.

But, before you go down this expensive, disruptive and painful path, maybe make another (first?) attempt to reconcile.

The absolute worst year of marriage for many people (my wife and I included) is the first. Once you figure out what it takes to get beyond it, sometimes the marriage just gets better and better.

Amid Cent
09-14-2005, 02:43 PM
You married a girl named Brittani with two I's? That should have been your first warning.

Lestat
09-14-2005, 02:44 PM
The one thing in your favor is you haven't been married very long. This should help with alimony (or maintenance as it is now called). On the other hand...

You make a reasonable income and have a child. She is certainly entitled to child support based on a percentage of your income. Btw- No offense, but revealing your income on an internet forum is very dumb and could be used against you.

Bottom line: Spare no expense on retaining a good divorce attorney. The party with the best attorney will come out ahead. I suspect you'll have to pay maintenance for a short period. And of course, child support. As for your other assets, if you brought the majority into the marriage, I don't think she will be entitled to a 50/50 split due to the short amount of time you've been married. I've been there! Good luck!

HoldEm_Hero
09-14-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is it possible to see a marriage counselor, or are you really past that stage? Seems like you hardly had a chance to work this out. "I"m sick of her" seems like the kind've thing you'd say about a roommate who'd never keep the house clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have been seeing a marriage counselor for 10 weeks, twice a week. Helped in the beginning but it kind of just makes me realize how much I want something else.

HoldEm_Hero
09-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks Lestat.

threeonefour
09-14-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100k = rich? oh boy

[/ QUOTE ]

in some states it is.

in florida, i think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

100k is rich in all cities all over the world.

38K was the median in florida in 2002 (per household, not individual...) [http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/income/income02/statemhi.html]

for some reason in america, everyone wants to think they're middle class, whether they are making 8 bucks an hour or 200.

HopeydaFish
09-14-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have wrong attitude towards this divorce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude is a male model, he's not a rocket scientist.

http://www.oxygen.ie/cine/pics/zoolander.jpg

HoldEm_Hero
09-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Very Nice.

rohjoh
09-14-2005, 03:00 PM
You will probably not have to pay alomony, but child support will be a large number. It is based on your income, and her income, and the amount of custody you have of the child. I went through this at age 24, and it hurt. You may lose the home, or have to buy her out of the home, which will cost you a lot. LAwyer fees will be about 2-5K. Does your wife work? My buddy has to pay 2500 a month, and makes about 120K per year. He has 40-60 custody of his daughter, and his ex wife makes about 30K per year. This gives you an idea of what you are looking at. Every state is different, but it all comes down to how much you make and how much time you have your child. There are online child support calculators, and the tend to be pretty acurate.

ebranig
09-14-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahah

JayLear
09-14-2005, 03:11 PM
I find it curious that you're only concern about your kid in this post was how much you'd have to pay to support him or her. You and your wife should concern yourselves with how your going to do the right thing for your child before you worry about who screwed over who or how much this is going to cost you. Bottom line, it sounds like this is your decision. Man up and deal with it.

PokerGoblin
09-14-2005, 03:12 PM
hey dude

I am recently divorced. Every state is different, so I doubt anyone here can give you any concrete advice.

Due to the fact that there is a child and a decent amount of wealth involved, this WILL get ugly. Hire the ballsyest lawyer you can afford. They will get you the best results.

PG

mmbt0ne
09-14-2005, 03:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
100k = rich? oh boy

[/ QUOTE ]

100k a year is more than enough to get things taken care of.

peachy
09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Your pretty screwed unless u pay one pit bull lawyer...always get a pre nump

You will have to pay child sport no matter what and thats based on a percent of your income... with fl laws i believe ur gonna be possible looking at alom. it depends on when u moved, reasons, etc (id have to look up FLs stance)....i can give u a lil more advice outside of this post

the "i" on the end of her name shoulda been a red flag

codewarrior
09-14-2005, 03:45 PM
1st piece of advice I can give you is have this thread deleted before it can be supoeaned.

TimM
09-14-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im 21, married for one year
We also have one child together

[/ QUOTE ]

http://romanceh.free.fr/PregnantB.jpg

peachy
09-14-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You will probably not have to pay alomony, but child support will be a large number. It is based on your income, and her income, and the amount of custody you have of the child. I went through this at age 24, and it hurt. You may lose the home, or have to buy her out of the home, which will cost you a lot. LAwyer fees will be about 2-5K. Does your wife work? My buddy has to pay 2500 a month, and makes about 120K per year. He has 40-60 custody of his daughter, and his ex wife makes about 30K per year. This gives you an idea of what you are looking at. Every state is different, but it all comes down to how much you make and how much time you have your child. There are online child support calculators, and the tend to be pretty acurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

lawyers fees will be a LOT more than that...if its a good lawyer...shes not gonna give in real easy i dont think

09-14-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you really do make "$100,000++" a year.