PDA

View Full Version : UB Slow Game problems

yocalif
05-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Does anyone have any inside knowledge about, when UB will resolve it's awful game performance problems, for the past several weeks? UB promised server upgrades, and said a couple weeks ago the delays then were due to server upgrades. But the performance has been pure crap since that time.

Last night it was sooooo bad, I could fry an egg in the time it took to complete a hand. This is no joke, I actually did it. But, this slow down, wasn't the exception, it was almost every single hand. The worst was while waiting for the player to my right, (because of server lag it appears that they have disconnected) I had clicked "call" (a raised bet), then I changed my mind and un-clicked the "call" and clicked "fold". A few seconds later my money goes into the pot and I am stuck in a hand, that I didn't want to be in. That hand cost me a major portion of my stack, yet I didn't even want to play that hand. I felt taken advantage of because of UB's problems. This wasn't the first instance, there have been others.

Usually reading into the amount of time a player takes to play their hand, long pauses, establishing a player’s habits when they have great or poor hands, this facet of the game has been removed due to the extreme poor UB game performance. Further, the delays make it impossible to concentrate and stay focused. I get bored waiting and read news or start doing something else online (I have DSL), like write this post (I’m playing now at UB).

Can anyone provide some insight that would help me remain a UB customer, because I don’t hear anything from UB.

Hung
05-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Usually reading into the amount of time a player takes to play their hand, long pauses, establishing a player’s habits when they have great or poor hands, this facet of the game has been removed due to the extreme poor UB game performance.

I totally agree. But what can we do?
Today is my lucky day. There're day where nothing can go wrong. You can play any hand and you'll win all hands. I just won $100 in less then half an hour.
I went down to grab a drink and I saw a letter. I'm getting $200 back from my taxes. It's my lukcy day.

Emperor
05-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Personally I think that if I had accidentally created too much business and I was losing regular players to the influx of fish. I would increase the rake, and give back big rake rebates to the regular players.

This way you kill the fish that are swarming your sites quicker. Then you either get those upgrades in (and reverse the rake), or you wait for the fish to die off. Either way the demand returns to normal, you keep the regulars, and you make some money in the process.

yocalif
05-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Gosh, don't even think "raise the rake", the rake is too high at 5%. At least there is a high hand jackpot and some guaranteed tourneys that they give a little of the money back, plus the bonus points. Frequent players, should get regular deposit bonuses, if they have to keep rebuying that is great, and lets keep them rebuying with a bonus...

UB already has plenty of money for new servers. They need to spend that money NOW! Personally, I think the problem is greater than just adding new servers. I suspect that there is a bandwidth problem, and that whoever their internet pipeline is with is the real problem. UB needs to isolate the problem and fix it now... That shouldn't take more than a two days, and two days to fix. Instead we have had almost 2 weeks of crap game performance.

jasonHoldEm
05-02-2003, 03:53 PM
I agree...it is getting to the point where it is absolutely ridiculous. Personally, for me at least, they have a few more days before I cashout and move elsewhere, I only have a few bucks there so I'm sure they won't miss me, but if enough people leave they'll get the point (or if enough people leave the server problems will work themselves out).

peace,
jHE

InternetPokerPro
05-02-2003, 04:30 PM
The only critical hurdles that a site has to clear to earn my business are twofold:

1. They pay promptly.
2. The games are juicy.

Beyond that, they could have a site that required a Commodore 64 computer and I would still be there every chance I get.

Since the airing of the WPO event, the games have been some of the best I have played on the net.

As an alternative, you can get your balls pulled out your throat everyday playing on a couple other sites I won't mention. The faster their servers, the more nut-chewing you get to do.

I assume that UB will soon get their server issues resolved. Until then, I guess I will just have to "keep suffering through it . . . thank you may I have another SIR."

Hung
05-02-2003, 07:29 PM
You know I really like it there and I would not want to leave. But they're really pushing me. I play about 250h/month there. Which is almost all of my free time.
They wont miss me. Maybe support will miss me, because I spam them all the time. I've asked them at least 4 times to transfer $10 to 4 different persons. I bring them new customers. I wonder if they mind transferring the money.