PDA

View Full Version : Typical Bellagio (Mirage) Bullshit

01-20-2002, 09:36 AM
You finally get seated in a 15-30 hold'em game. The game is full. One person is away from his seat. There are two tourists in the game. I use the term "tourist" very liberally. By tourists, I mean two people I have never seen before and they have smiles on their faces. The game is playable. It isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but the locals probably think it is a gold mine.

I've been playing about a half an hour and if the game stays the way it is there is little promise. Now, things begin to change. A new dealer gets in the box and never shuts up. One player visibily annoyed with chatty Kathy gets up and walks. The wife of one of the tourists comes by and they talk about going to eat--and shortly thereafter he leaves. Another local walks. Three walkers now and one empty seat. Tourist is replaced by tough local pro. One walker with two white buttons comes back and quits. (Another Vegas tradition.) Two more get up. Second tourist quits. Another local rock sits down. Another quits. Four walkers, five rocks and one empty seat. Game is now shit. It lasted all of one-half hour. Raise and take it. Raise and take it. Raise and take it. Three of the players ask to be put on transfer list. I quit. This same exact scenario repeats itself day, after day, after day. Vegas--the worst games in the world.

01-20-2002, 12:48 PM
sounds like the 3rd man walking rule might help a bit

01-20-2002, 01:08 PM