PDA

View Full Version : Don't care what anoyone thinks about you? then STFU.

blaze666
09-14-2005, 01:27 PM
I heard i phrase today, that i hear too often. 'i don't care what anyone thinks about me'. no, you DO care what people think, because if you didn't then you'd walk into the school/office in your underpants, because it's probably more comfortable.

Unless you have psychological problems, you DO care what everyone else thinks,in fact that is why you live, and having other people praise you, leads up to the reason for your entire being. the ironic thing is, that not caring how people see you is meant to be all 'unique' and 'individual' and the reality is, that since EVERYONE is unique, everyone has just plonked themselves right back into a social group again. see, people who say this DO care what people think of them, and they want people to think that THEY think that they don't care... damn, the irony.

So if you are one of these people, i set ye challenge. walk into school in your underpants, because of course, you don't care what people think of you. and then DON'T tell me about it, because of course you don't care what i think about you either.

09-14-2005, 01:29 PM
What if you're not in school?

09-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Maybe thats not the best example, because that's close to indecent exposure. A better example for a girl who claims this would be to not put any special crap in her hair for a week. We all know they put the special crap in so it looks nice.

kyro
09-14-2005, 01:30 PM
to get it out of the way

i don't care what you think.

RunDownHouse
09-14-2005, 01:34 PM
d00d, u r just like maddox omg!

FouTight
09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I do care what other people think of me, but I have never made a single mistake in my life, ever. And I have no regrets.

These 2 are directly related.

jkkkk
09-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Someone used a phrase that doesn't hold up under logic, I'll be damned.

Blarg
09-14-2005, 01:45 PM
The one that bugs me is, "I don't judge" or "I don't want to judge," or "Don't be judgmental."

Everybody judges everything, all the time. Saying or pretending anything different is just a slimy attempt to get out of having any convictions you might be held to or judged by yourself, a way of waiting to pick your sides until you see who's winning, a way of being dishonest with yourself and others and wanting us to play along and join the bullsh*tters club so we can all be full of baloney together, a way to encourage social conformity even when it's damaging, irresponsible, or pointless, a cheap, hypocritical, particularly craven form of one-upsmanship made at no risk and without accomplishment. It's a coward's way out disguised as sophistication or even-handedness. I can't recall ever seeing anyone say this who I admired for saying it or indeed who didn't look smaller for trying to foist it on others. It's almost impossible to say well.

Mason Hellmuth
09-14-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What if you're not in school?

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously, this makes it even better.

Shajen
09-14-2005, 01:50 PM
I completely and totally care what everyone thinks of me.

The acceptance of who am I by you guys is the whole reason I haven't choked on the business end of a .44.

OOT is my life, and without OOT...*shudder*

blaze666
09-14-2005, 01:52 PM
why thankyou, im sure both maddox and i are flattered

InchoateHand
09-14-2005, 01:54 PM
All we have are our judgements---at best we moderate them with other information.

Yeah, most people who don't care what other people think spend an enormous amount of time cultivating an appearance and a demeanour that suggests the exact opposite.

I went through that stage too, difference is I left it at age 15.

jkkkk
09-14-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The one that bugs me is, "I don't judge" or "I don't want to judge," or "Don't be judgmental."

Everybody judges everything, all the time. Saying or pretending anything different is just a slimy attempt to get out of having any convictions you might be held to or judged by yourself, a way of waiting to pick your sides until you see who's winning, a way of being dishonest with yourself and others and wanting us to play along and join the bullsh*tters club so we can all be full of baloney together, a way to encourage social conformity even when it's damaging, irresponsible, or pointless, a cheap, hypocritical, particularly craven form of one-upsmanship made at no risk and without accomplishment. It's a coward's way out disguised as sophistication or even-handedness. I can't recall ever seeing anyone say this who I admired for saying it or indeed who didn't look smaller for trying to foist it on others. It's almost impossible to say well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I was going to compare OP's thoughts with this statement that annoys me as well, obviously I chose something more succinct instead, nice post.

-Skeme-
09-14-2005, 02:33 PM
That's an awful example of a way to prove you don't care what people think of you.

oddjob
09-14-2005, 02:52 PM
we just don't care what you think about us.

09-14-2005, 03:02 PM
I agree. But I think a more appropiate and rewarding challenge would be not showering or doing laundry for a month. How often do you wake up and say "I don't want to put pants on today?" If you're anything like me this doesn't happen very often. On the other hand I often wake up and think: I'd prefer a half hour of sleep to a shower, or I'd prefer wearing yesterday's clothes to doing a laundry. There also could be no legal issuses with this.

Blarg
09-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Do what Ted Nugent did to get out of going to Vietnam. Eat nothing but potato chips and Pepsi for a month, stop showering for a month, don't take off your pants to go to the bathroom for a week, and top it off by rubbing yourself all over with a fish.

Breaks the ice at parties.

blaze666
09-14-2005, 03:27 PM
actually, skeme, you know, i made this post BECAUSE i realised that i live my life soley for the praise of others, and i like it that way. take drumming for example. i happen to be quite the passionate drummer, and i was thinking to me self 'why do i drum, what am i doing this for?' but not so philosophicly, and it occours to me that i ONLY drum for feeling of someone saying 'wow, you are such a great drummer!

same with badminton.

kyro
09-14-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually, skeme, you know, i made this post BECAUSE i realised that i live my life soley for the praise of others, and i like it that way. take drumming for example. i happen to be quite the passionate drummer, and i was thinking to me self 'why do i drum, what am i doing this for?' but not so philosophicly, and it occours to me that i ONLY drum for feeling of someone saying 'wow, you are such a great drummer!

same with badminton.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am highly skeptical that anybody has ever said the words "Wow, what a great badminton player!"

-Skeme-
09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't see what that has to do with anything I said.

Blarg
09-14-2005, 03:35 PM
This struck me too.

Someone actually sought out praise by taking up badminton?

sleight
09-14-2005, 04:03 PM
You should get into croquet, the accolades are enormous.

pokerdirty
09-14-2005, 05:44 PM
When I saw this title, i thought I missed a good day of 2p2. I now see I was wrong.

Boris
09-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Great post. I hear this line of thinking all the time. It's a strong indicator that the speaker is a pure lying moran. If they are telling the truth then you should run away quickly becuase you are dealing with a sociopath.

Stuck
09-14-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because if you didn't then you'd walk into the school/office in your underpants, because it's probably more comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually its kinda cold, and the chair seat is kinda scratchy on my legs. Back to pants tomorrow I think.

J.A.Sucker
09-14-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't care what YOU think of me, b!tch.

Boris
09-14-2005, 07:21 PM
sure you don't care.