PDA

View Full Version : Streaks, stats, and what determines a winning session...

ElSapo
05-02-2003, 11:11 AM
I have recently started tracking results, along with the stats that Party gives me. I'm also considering getting PokerTracker, though I have doubts about my computer being ablt to run it. It's an old system, trust me.

Anyways, I have far too small a sample to draw conclusions but I wanted to get some ideas on what stats people look at and what they think really makes a winning session.

Generally, I'm seeing 30% flops, +/-. This goes up shorthanded or when I'm just getting great cards, but I think 30% or a little more is accurate. This is probably too high...

Overall hands won. This morning I sat down, played about 50 hands, and won 1 hand. I mean, I got zip for cards and finally logged out before I got too frustrated. PartyPoker shows I won 2% of the hands. Small sample, sure. Other sessions vary from 5% - 14% but thus far I can't see correlation.

I'm not trying to really glean information from my own stats yet, I simply don't have the data, but in general what stats do people look at, is PokerTracker a must, and is there a stat that directly correlates to a winning session (besides, to head off the jokes, the final +/- figure)?

Any help is appreciated...

El Sapo