PDA

View Full Version : PP 15/30: QQ multiway with JK6(J)

fooz
09-14-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm in MP w/QQ. Decent UTG limps. BIG FISH, to my right that calls to the river and folds often, limps. I raise. The next two players, both loose passive (after 60 hands) call. SB folds, decent BB calls, limpers call.

6 players, 13 bets, and flop comes KJ6r.

Checked to me. I bet. First LP folds. Rest call.

9 BB's. Turn is J (2 diamonds now).

Checked to me. I check. LP bets. Folded to FISH who calls. I call.

12 BB's. River is an 8s. Check-check-bet-fold-call.

I think I played this right, just verifying. Anyone lay it down on the Turn? Anyone bet the Turn?

Nick C
09-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Even before the turn card fell, I wouldn't be happy about having been called in four places on the flop. Then once the jack pairs, I'm thinking the outlook appears kind of bleak. I know there are some bad players in the pot with you, but the possibility that they're all on straight draws and bottom pair and pocket pairs seems like a lot to ask for. But if they'll chase a naked ace or a backdoor draw on the flop, then that makes me a little less pessimistic.

So, anyway . . . checking the turn lets you see if anyone wants to checkraise before you invest anything. Or, if the player to act doesn't bet, it gives you (and your opponents) a free card, in a hand where you very likely are drawing at this point (though not very well).

Probably what I would do is either bet the turn or give up and check and fold. But I can see that once LP bets and only the big fish calls, it is very tempting to stay in. There is the question of what the passive bettor could be betting that you're ahead of, but hopefully he's decided his pocket 8's might be good after all or something.

If I called the turn, I'm calling again on the river, especially now that it's just LP and me left in the pot.

@bsolute_luck
09-14-2005, 05:13 PM
i've check/folded here and been shown 88 and A6 a lot too. i think i'd rather bet here with only 1 person behind me, fold to a c/r, and try for a free showdown.

TheHammer24
09-14-2005, 05:22 PM
On the turn, what do you think of bet folding? I hate to comment on hands at 15/30 level, but that is the line I would take. If you get raised or c/r you're typically behind w/o the odds to draw.

The problem comes with all the caller on the flop. They will so often call down with their K in which case you are spewing chips by betting into them.

All that being said, I'd bet the turn. With one caller, I'd c/c the river.

09-14-2005, 08:37 PM
This is in my opinion the only way to play this hand. The only time I fold this turn is to a very passive player, or if I face two bets.