PDA

View Full Version : It's time to do something about the Party Spam (kinda long)

CLC
09-14-2005, 11:48 AM
A couple days ago I started copying some of the spam being sent through the Party chat into a word document so that I could send it to Party in a form of complaint/protest. This seems to growing and is becoming annoying (for various reasons). All we need is for players to start having their accounts frozen for using banned software or spend their money on scams instead of "investing" it at the tables, etc. I realize that some of these are legit, but still, Spam is Spam. Do we want to speed the learning process up too much?

So, I have decided to post my list here in the hopes that some of you will join me in sending the info to Party and Associates to try to get something done. If you choose to participate, an e-mail needs to go to each site with details of the complaint. If you think I am out of line with this, please explain why. If you agree, please help. Feel free to cut-n-paste from the list that follows:

blastmisvolk: Do you know your odds of winning this hand? The pros do. FREE Download www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

kleptomaxkq: Do you know your odds of winning this hand? The pros do. FREE Download www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

TestTubeAce: Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

TestTubeAce: Make $50-$500/hr playing Poker www . AceFlop . com (no spaces)

MoneyBags347: Get 35% of your rake-back instantly. More info at itsyourrake . com

qbkillacam: Deposit $20 receive $50 free instantly visit (WWW .POKERSLUTE.NET)

OddsOuts: Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

KnowYourOdds: Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

slabokure9: Make $50-$500/hr playing Poker www . ShowAces . com (no spaces)

buckeye0521: if any of u would like to try p okerchamps; i can hook u up with a free $20 start-up. no strings

WinAtP0KER: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

morningwhore: Deposit $20 receive $50 free instantly visit (WWW .POKERSLUTE.NET)

Auto_0dds_4U: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

Make_Money7: Make $50-$500/hr playing Poker www . AceFlop . com (no spaces)

chomperpus: Deposit $20 receive $25 free instantly visit (WWW .POKERSLUTE.NET)

hupternilken: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

NoBadBeat333: Make $50-$500/hr playing Poker www . AceFlop . com (no spaces)

Auto_Calc: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

denbanwagon7: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

justtoosick: AMAZING!!!! Deposit $20 receive $50 free instantly visit (WWW .POKERSLUTE.NET)

hello910: Get 35% of your rake-back instantly. More info at www . deflatetherake . com

varoom222: Want 40% rake-back. More info at itsyourrake . com 5% bonus for Party Players

Automan_0dds: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

dchazmer: GambleOnUs , com for a free $30

ctv1116
09-14-2005, 11:50 AM
they've been banning accounts, but they just create gnome accounts to continue spamming.

CLC
09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they've been banning accounts, but they just create gnome accounts to continue spamming

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but even Party has to wise up eventually and start limiting the number of additional accounts that can created using same/similar information. Especially if it is pointed out repeatedly.

I have sat back for a long time and read other posts about spmming in the chat, and thought that it would be a futile effort. Each time I saw a spam go through the chat from table to table I thought "someone should do something". Well, I am going to do my part, no matter how futile it is. If I don't try - I can't bitch about it.

Guthrie
09-14-2005, 12:19 PM
The solution is obvious: ban chat from railbirds.

grinin
09-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Only allow chat from railbirds with $100 in account.

Immediately confiscate all funds from offenders.

If it is determined that $100 loss is not enough to limit spam keep raising minimum.

BruinEric
09-14-2005, 12:33 PM
It would take a Party Poker engineer a few minutes using your e-mail to add each offending site name to their profanity filter.

The spammers will adapt by adding more spaces and underscores, but it's a nice step to add to other steps such as banning railbird chat from offenders with no real money in the account.

pshabi
09-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Biker #2: I say we kill him!
Biker Gang: [shouts] Yeah!
Biker #3: I say we hang him, then we kill him!
Biker #4: I say we stomp him!
Biker #4: Then we tattoo him!
Biker #4: Then we hang him!
Biker #4: And then we kill him!

ApolloQuiet
09-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Pee Wee: [whimper] I say we let him go.

KeysrSoze
09-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Biker Gang: [shouts] No!

jba
09-14-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The solution is obvious: ban chat from railbirds.

[/ QUOTE ]

... where the railbird's MGR is less than $x, where $x makes it cost ineffective to churn through gnome accounts.

this is a really easy problem to solve without affecting anyone real.

benfranklin
09-14-2005, 01:31 PM
I am more irritated by site spam and pop-ups, usually about up-coming tournaments, than by this stuff. How do we get Party et al. to ban that crap??

09-14-2005, 01:44 PM
When I saw your thread title, I thought it was going to be about stopping all the duplicate "PARTY IS LOSING MONEY ONLINE POKER IS DEAD!" threads.

Yeah, the chat spam is almost as bad.

Joe Taylor
09-14-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If it is determined that $100 loss is not enough to limit spam keep raising minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand why Party doesn't implement something like this. Make them have an account balance of $50 or $100, and filter for those advertising words. If they show up, lock the account to make sure that is spamming (and not somebody asking about the site). Simple and effective.

Then again, UB seems to have a similar problem with a few spammers, so it isn't just Party that's affected.

KingOtter
09-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I applaud your efforts... but....

I don't think it takes more than one complaint about a user ID to get it banned. I'm sure Party can track down past behavior and look at comments made in the past to see if it is a spam account. But I'm sure more than one report about the same user may speed up the account action.

And the only solution I see is to ban chat from railbirds, as other people have said. I don't see a problem with that, honestly. With IM software so prevalent you don't really need to track down your friend at another table and talk to him in the table-talk. I don't really know what the purpose of allowing railbird talk is.

One, IMO very EASY, fix for this is just another option in the drop-down list to ignore non-player chat. Just like you choose Dealer Summary, whatever.

I've sent this suggestion into Party. Perhaps if THAT is the subject of the e-mail campaign ("Do something about the table spam!") rather than reporting the accounts that are spamming.

How about a form letter:

Dear Sirs,

I am a player at xxxx site. I enjoy your service, and appreciate being able to play at your site with other customers.

One thing distresses me, though, and that is the amount of spam at the table I see. I see messages advertising various poker related merchandise sites very regularly. I have been reporting these sites to you, but the messages continue.

I could just ignore it, if the messages weren't misleading. I'm afraid they influence your customer base, leading them to believe things like other people can see your cards, and that there is a way to cheat at online poker!

Please do something about this problem.

Your concerned customer,

xxxx

KO

timprov
09-14-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Then again, UB seems to have a similar problem with a few spammers, so it isn't just Party that's affected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt too. I actually saw the same guy spam a FT table I was on and a UB table I was on within a minute of each other.

jasonHoldEm
09-14-2005, 05:31 PM
The solution is to have party make the default setting for "turn off observer chat" to well...on...that's confusing, but you know what I mean. It's unlikely party would take the easy, simple, straightforward solution though...not really their cup of tea to try and make their customers happy.

J

Jim Easton
09-14-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice if they would do this, but they don't seem to want to.

Guthrie
09-14-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And who have played X thousand hands. Anybody could make a deposit, spam for a few days, then withdraw. Make them play some poker for the privilege.

But I'm still waiting to hear a good reason why railbird chat should be allowed at all. What useful purpose does it serve? Who will be hurt, or offended, if it's completely banned?

kdog
09-14-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The solution is to have party make the default setting for "turn off observer chat" to well...on...that's confusing, but you know what I mean. It's unlikely party would take the easy, simple, straightforward solution though...not really their cup of tea to try and make their customers happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
The solution is to limit chat to funded real money accounts only. If you spam your account is closed and the funds confiscated. It would take two days tops to end the problem.

sthief09
09-14-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a great idea. doesn't stars prohibit chat from people who don't have the minimum buyin?

CLC
09-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Dear Sirs,

I have been a player at Party Poker for about two years. I have enjoyed my experience, and appreciate being able to play poker from the comfort of my home. I believe that you have an excellent service and am grateful for your providing it.

However, there is one thing that distresses me. The amount of spam coming across the table chat box is increasing at an alarming rate. I regularly see messages advertising various poker related merchandise, pokes sites, and poker services. Some of these advertisements appear to be something that may be helpful to serious players. Some of them, on the other hand, are pure scams, directed at the gullible individuals who fall for false promises. Some are affiliates attempting to make money from your players by having them sign-up at another site. Other ads are promoting products that you yourself have deemed undesirable within the online poker community. You have prohibited the use of some software and locked or closed players’ accounts who continue to use them.

Here is a sampling of the ads I have copied from the chat box, just during the last couple days:

The list from my post was here

Up until now, I have reported a few instances of observer chat to you, that I thought was detrimental, but the messages continue. Not only do they continue, but the rate at which they continue is increasing very rapidly.

I could just ignore it, if the messages weren't deceptive, but I'm afraid they influence your customer base, leading them to believe things like other people can see your hole cards, and that there is a way to cheat at online poker!

I could just ignore it, if the messages did not promote the ability to give a player an unfair advantage over others (ie. Poker Edge, Poker Prophecy, etc.)

It is my opinion that you have to do something about this problem. I do not know if the solution is blocking observer chat, requiring an active, funded account to have chat ability, or warning and closing accounts of repeat offenders. I am confident that there is something that you can do to alleviate the problem.

I appreciate your attention to this matter,
Signed by Me

puckboy
09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!