PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars vs PartyPoker

EnderFFX
09-14-2005, 11:36 AM
"If not, I believe you are applying Party principles to Stars games and the two are not always the same." - Lorinda

This quote caught my attention in another thread. Could someone explain how big the differences there are and what they are? I've played the $11-$33 Party tourneys and the $11-$60 PStars tourneys. I've noticed differences but I've never been able to quanitfy them.

Phill S
09-14-2005, 11:43 AM
What was the context of that quote?

Link up the origional thread.

Phill

Maulik
09-14-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

stack size? ps is deep.

bluefeet
09-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Having spent considerable time at both, a few things that stand out for me..

- being able to play strong hands aggressively POST flop..WITH an exit
[where you can be 400chips into the pot and laydown more easily when necessary]

- being able to snap off bluffs, or move stongly over a weak representation...again WITH an exit
[semi-bluffs, whiffed PFr'd hands, etc.]

- having the chips to take full advantage of position PF

- having the chips necessary to take gambles when exploiting reads on players

In the turbos, I strongly believe that "tight is right" in early still. But with the deeper stacks, you are afforded opportunities to gain depth before the intermediate levels - where on the 800chip games, you have very few chances to do so IMO.

BradleyT
09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Stars lets you play postflop.

skipperbob
09-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Don't think much of "on-topic" posts, but your question caught my eye....This AM I'm playing a PS $114 turbo...there are 4 players left...Instead of having to push w/A-8s (UTG) I am able to bet an amount that will force "shorty" to commit or fold and, at the same time allow me to get away from the hand if one of the big stacks wakes up with something.(exactly what happened) At PP I would have had to push the hand (blinds would destroy me on next 2 hands)and I would have "bubbled" due to button's monster....as it was, "shorty" folded (thinking I was committed), I folded, and shorty bubbled on next hand. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

durron597
09-14-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3402070&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

Phill S
09-14-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3402070&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ta.

In response to OP, lori's origional post and the other responses give a lot of details that i cant expand on.

lorinda
09-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Just to point out that you can let your stack go a little shorter in relation to the blinds because it takes longer for the blinds to go up and therefore you can hit the panic button just that little bit later.

Lori