PDA

View Full Version : Do you push this? (Party 33s, ITM)

Ixnert
09-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Total number of players : 3
Seat 1: DeepDooDoo (2735)
Seat 4: SBJAMES (2770)
Seat 9: HERO (2495)
HERO posts small blind (150)
DeepDooDoo posts big blind (300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Ac, 8d ]
SBJAMES calls (300)
HERO raises (2345) to 2495
HERO is all-In.

I usually get (or at least had been getting) more than enough folds in situations like this to make the push worthwhile (plus my hand actually has some value), but I've been knocked out in 3rd/4th a lot lately on just this sort of hand, so I thought I'd inquire: is this a push most of you make?

downtown
09-14-2005, 11:36 AM
I'd push it unless the button limp was atypical.

Ixnert
09-14-2005, 11:56 AM
It wasn't the first time he had done it, but I hadn't been watching him closely enough to know if it was "typical", per se. (Just moved up to 6-tabling, not yet to the point where I can really keep track of everyone...)

09-14-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't the first time he had done it, but I hadn't been watching him closely enough to know if it was "typical", per se. (Just moved up to 6-tabling, not yet to the point where I can really keep track of everyone...)

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif, kind of important here. I make this play in a vacuum. If you haven't noticed him limping, though, that makes it more likely that he hasn't been limping.

ezmogee
09-14-2005, 12:38 PM
The majority of the time, this is a fairly easy push. Given stack sizes, he can't call you with anything less than AQ.

BadMongo
09-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Heh, just because he shouldn't call with less, doesn't mean he won't.

I still push this most of the time. I would definately be more cautious if the button had been playing solid up to this point and this was the first time he had limped with high blinds. If he has limped with crap before, I auto-push this.