PDA

View Full Version : $11 tight table....help needed

redbeer
09-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Playing last night on Party (I know....PP and tight is like an oxymoron...kind of like Pam Anderson and tight...but I digress)

Blinds got to 50-100 with 10! people still in (a couple of shorties rest about equal..$1200 or so) I got dealt A K twice in Early position (UTG plus 1 or 2). one time i raised to 200 ..got called.. caught nothing and folded to a big bet..other time limped caught nothing and folded to a bet. A continuation bet is an option but with a call or raise starts to make me a shortie. Anyone like a push in these situations? feels like a lot of people to go to hope no one has a mid to high pocket pair they are going to call with.

downtown
09-14-2005, 11:12 AM
What was your stack size and the other stack sizes? A push could have been correct, it depends.

45suited
09-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Harder to answer w/o knowing your stack size, but...

The second time you caught AK, you had already lost after mini-raising and check folding the first hand (yuck). So, I'm assuming you were 10 BB or less. Hopefully a weaker ace or king will call you. If a PP calls, big deal. You ain't folding into the money in a game like this. I'd rather go out by pushing AK than by playing wimp poker and getting blinded down.

redbeer
09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
I was T1200 the first time with guys ranging from t1400 to t400 behind me (there were 8 behind me). second time t900 with no one over 2000 behind but still 7 or 8 to get through.

redbeer
09-14-2005, 02:15 PM
You're right (of course). my only question was how many folks i had to go through but it makes sense to push or go home (basically). Thanks for the reply 45, you are one of the folks i always read in the threads.

btw-Thanks 2+2. this forum has made me a much better sng player.

EnderFFX
09-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I push both of these situations. You are grabbing 150 each time you push. If you push and are called you are either a heavy favorite or a slight dog.

Blinds are 50-100, the tournament is now officially a crap shoot. If someone calls you and you double up you are the chip leader and can go aggressive. If both times everyone folds, you'lve just picked up 300 chips, which is huge considering so many people are in.