PDA

View Full Version : calling from BB with garbage

Pablo
09-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Party Poker 1$/2$.

You are in the BB w/ 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. X number of players limp, where X>0. The button raises. The SB calls (he's very loose PF and could have anything).

What does X need to be before you would call?

jrz1972
09-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Suited two-gapper OOP. I'd call with this two limpers (four oppponents total).

Bankuri
09-14-2005, 09:18 AM
You going to be worried about re-raise chance from the other two limpers? Or will you be willing to play this against 4 opponents for 3 or 4 bets?

Taxmanrick
09-14-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't know what's right or wrong, but I would probably see a flop if x = 4 or more making it 6 or more players.

jrz1972
09-14-2005, 09:21 AM
I never worry about a limp-reraise. That doesn't happen often enough to be a concern.

With 4+ opponents (one being a PFR), I'm probably getting enough implied odds to try to flop a straight draw or flush draw.

jrz1972
09-14-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm sure there's an unambiguous "right answer" for this, but I'm kind of ashamed to say I don't know what it is off the top of my head. I should know this kind of stuff.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Taxmanrick
09-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Yes, you should. I expect YOU should know these things. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Seriously, I feel for my game, I don't play these hands as well as others post flop so I think I would need better odds than the good player.

Pablo
09-14-2005, 09:30 AM
In this particular hand, there were 2 limpers, so I made the call. I figured it was borderline.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB checks, I check, limpers check, PF raiser bets and SB calls.

Your action?

jrz1972
09-14-2005, 09:32 AM
If I'm counting this out right, you're being offered 12:1 on a call. Even if somebody check-raises, peeling is going to be +EV.

Bankuri
09-14-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure there's an unambiguous "right answer" for this, but I'm kind of ashamed to say I don't know what it is off the top of my head. I should know this kind of stuff.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I played around with this a while ago, and I think I figured you needed two-three other people in a pot with you to play any two suited cards. My calcs didn't take into account losing to a bigger flush (either three or four card flush) or other big hands, but I'd imagine those would be small enough to play any two suited cards for one bet against three opponents. They also weren't looking at connecting cards so no straight chances either, so I'd say your answer is pretty close.

Taxmanrick
09-14-2005, 09:37 AM
I think call is correct. W/ backdoor flush & bottom pair, you've got redraws getting 11-1(if I counted right).

Pablo
09-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks everybody for the replies. You've confirmed my thoughts.

The limpers folded to the flop bet, so it was 3 to the turn, which was the 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I check raised the button, and he called my bet on the river. He was holding AQos, and I took down the pot of 12.5 BB.

Of course, villain then berated me on how lame my PF call was. I was fairly sure I played the hand properly, but wanted some other opinions...

Bankuri
09-14-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks everybody for the replies. You've confirmed my thoughts.

The limpers folded to the flop bet, so it was 3 to the turn, which was the 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I check raised the button, and he called my bet on the river. He was holding AQos, and I took down the pot of 12.5 BB.

Of course, villain then berated me on how lame my PF call was. I was fairly sure I played the hand properly, but wanted some other opinions...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you'd cracked my AQo with that I'd have berated you too.

edit: Oops, forgot the A on the flop...'why do I _always_ get sucked out on?'

Taxmanrick
09-14-2005, 09:52 AM
I have quite a few hands that I question and get answers here. Very helpful.

Nice hand!

Don't you just love for them(@ the table) to think you're an idiot!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif