Jackuchie: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif]
Hero: raises $2 to $4
dontttttt: calls $4
Stevo72: calls $4
FLIPTOGOOD: folds
jamesr450: calls $2
*** FLOP *** [J /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
jamesr450: bets $2
Hero has overcards (6 outs + 1 for the back door flush). Pot is $17 giving me 8.5 to one. Not including any over calls behind but not taking into account the chance that a player behind might reraise. Is this a profitable call should I see the turn.?

I made this call and one player behind called. (5BB) The turn was a rag. The bb bet out again making the pot $25. I folded thinking It was no longer profitable to stay in the hand. Was this correct ?

Thoughts please

Nick Royale
09-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Also a pretty slim decision, but I would lean towards a fold. The bdfs should be worth about 1.5 outs. I don't like hitting that Q though, since it's both likely to make a straight or 2 pair for someone. I would estimate our outs to slightly less than 5, but since we're risking a raise from a player yet to act, the board is draw heavy and our position is not the best I would fold. i think we're often ending up with the 2nd best hand by hitting a pair on the turn.

ErrantNight
09-14-2005, 08:25 AM
you also have a pair of backdoor straight draws on this flop... and a T will leave you double gutted... i think this is an easy flop call. the turn, on a blank, is a fold.

well done.