PDA

View Full Version : KK - Party 2K - Full ring - Glad for comments

PugX
09-14-2005, 05:53 AM
(Bison's Converter dont work for me, is it because I take the handhistory from Pokertracker?)

I have some thougts on how I could play this hand better. I also have som wonderings. I would be very glad for comments and critic.

Party Poker - 2K - (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (stack is $1508, he is coverd by Vilian)

(4 folds)
Vilian calls $20
(1 folds)
CO calls $20
Button calls $20
Hero raises to $90 - (With BB we are 5 people in the pot.. Shall I rise higher?)
BB folds
Vilian calls $70
CO folds
Button calls $70

Flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font> - (Pot = $310)

Hero bets $200 - (No real draws outthere.. should I bet higher anyway?)
Vilian calls $200
Button folds

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> (Pot = $710)

Hero checks
Vilian Bets $325
Hero goes All in $1228 - (Comments on this one?)
Vilian calls

River: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font> <font color="green"> </font>

captZEEbo1
09-14-2005, 05:57 AM
raise to 130 preflop, check turn probably.

flawless_victory
09-14-2005, 06:12 AM
i think you need to raise higher before the flop, yeah.
on the turn, i like the check... when he bets 325 its up to you to make a decision. it seems you are probably beat and id seriously consider getting away from the hand there, however, if you decide to play, then moving in is obvious. no point in calling.

PugX
09-14-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise to 130 preflop, check turn probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really basic question.. Do you have some formula? Like X bb as base-raise and also 1 bb for every caller?

//Pug

PugX
09-14-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it seems you are probably beat and id seriously consider getting away from the hand there

[/ QUOTE ]

I had showed some weakness.. 2/3 potbet at flop and then check at turn.. what about Villain having AJ for example? His turnbet was rather small to.. Hmm.. my problem is that I beeing commited as you wrote.. If I stay it's about my stack.

09-14-2005, 07:47 AM
I know we're doing the ole "well if he posted it he must have lost" thing but are you guys really considering laying down KK on the turn against a guy who open limped in MP on that board?

His only possible holdings here that beat hero are QJ and 77, MAYBE 44.

You should have ended the post at the point where villain bets the turn and see what people's response was. As it is they know since you pushed, he called and you posted this that you must have lost the hand and your KK wasn't good there.

phillydilly
09-14-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm not playing anywhere near these stakes, and you prolly lost the hand since its posted, but i cant see why you'd want to lay this down, villain showed no aggression before or on the flop, and his only actual aggression is a 1/2 pot sized bet. i push here everytime,

could someone give a decent explanation on why you lay this down other than that its been posted?

AZK
09-14-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Really basic question.. Do you have some formula? Like X bb as base-raise and also 1 bb for every caller?

[/ QUOTE ]

4xBB +1xBB for every limper. More if I'm lagging it up, less if the table is a rock garden. More if I don't have position, etc, etc, but this is the general rule...

IHateCats
09-14-2005, 10:51 AM
First, here's a link to a thread on how to make the bison converter work:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2863605&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1

AbsolFreakinglutely raise higher here, a $90 raise here with KK is BEGGING for trouble, with KK you'd much prefer to play HU if at all possible so in your shoes I'd come out for $150-200 here and if I take it down with that preflop, I'm happy as a clam, the last thing you want is 2-3 callers here. The other advantage the larger bet has is reducing implied odds for some to draw at a set which is what you are really most afraid of. If someone wants to draw at you with 44 here for $170-200, fine let them.

Your flop bet size relative to the pot is fine but once it gets called on a relatively drawless board from an MP limper alarms have to start going off and you really need to start trying to determine what he's likely to have limped with here in the first place. What kind of player is he and what's his hand range for a limp in that situation etc. Conversely what's your table image? Is 56 a reasonable option since it's the only real draw here? Do you raise out of the blinds a lot with hands like AK? If so he could easily be taking a shot at you but if you have a tight image out of the blinds and if he's not very, very aggro you have to wonder if he doesn't have AA or KK beat here.

PugX
09-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys for some good advice.

First adjustment for me is that i will start raise higher preflop.

As you have understood I lost the hand. Villain showed QJ. I think he played it rather bad. In the long run it's good when Villain calls preflop-raises with hands like QJ, but this time it paid him.

//Pug

Leptyne
09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4xBB +1xBB for every limper. More if I'm lagging it up, less if the table is a rock garden. More if I don't have position, etc, etc, but this is the general rule...

[/ QUOTE ]

Another raising formula that approximates a pot-sized raise is 3XBB +2X limpers. In this case it would be $60 + 2X (20+20+20) or raise to $180 (courtesy Daliman 12-11-04).