PDA

View Full Version : Blind hand

Roy6
09-14-2005, 04:45 AM
Folded to SB, who calls, I check my option with 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, I check (?)

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, ...

1/ I regulary raise OOP limpers out of the BB, but my hand really sucks, so I figure it was good to check

2/On the flop he announces he has nothing, should I bet here with my nothing? I don't have much of a credit for the Ace, cause I'd probably raised with it preflop.

3/Good play by villain on the turn. He has nothing, but I can't call with a hand that checked the flop.
I had the feeling I didn't use my position wisely in this hand.

bank
09-14-2005, 04:48 AM
good preflop against unknown. I pretty much bet this flop every time...

Since you checked flop just give up on turn...

spydog
09-14-2005, 04:56 AM
Against most bad players I think you show an immediate profit by raising preflop with any 2 cards when they open-complete and then betting every flop.

09-14-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good preflop against unknown. I pretty much bet this flop every time...

Since you checked flop just give up on turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It's easier for you to take his blind by betting the flop. Raising preflop will usually get a call. Not too many players will limp/fold from the SB.

Also, the bigger you make the pot preflop, the more likely it is that he will find a way to showdown with you. I'm sure you don't want that with 5 high. Bet the flop when he checks and give up to any resistance.