PDA

View Full Version : Fourscore and single house

Punker
05-02-2003, 04:03 AM
So I continuing a gamble, but apparently I am luck. Todays, two hands I playe, and both I win! But I wish for evaluatory feedbacke as imporvement is important!

Hand 1 today!

I am not the first of action, but the second and I have the A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . First foldings, and I upraise it. Unfortunately, I have been shown to not be a non bluffer as of late, so my table imagne is not dominate! 3 people call my raise, 2 cold, and 1 smooth, and then the Big Blind roughcalls.

The flope comes favorablish:

Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I have floped many queens! But there is a two flushes on the boarded. I think smartly to my advices from 2and2 and when the Big Blind checkes, I bet! I remember that I must charging people for their drawings. Then the next player raises me! This foldeds every one back to me, and I forgetted everything from 2and2 and simplecall.

The turn transpires the:

Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

It now seems likely that I can win this hand!! But I forgetted 2and2 again and I checke. My only friend left is still the bet, and I still don't remember 2and2 and I just called.

The river indicates the

Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

And finally a spark flashes in my brain to bett! I do but my only friend foldeds.

So I have won the congratulations yet again...but what should I do differenet?

Hand #2!

My tabled imagining has gotten more dominate as the session has warned on. I now have the T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif IN THE SMALL BLIND!

The gunnunder calls, another person is the call on a button, and I called. The Big blind requests the flope.

The flope comes favorablish:

Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I think to the hand above and promise not to forgetting to bet. I bet! The Big Blind, as always, raisings me, and the limped person warmcalls. The Buttond then bubblewrapcalls, and I think already to my 2and2 post about how much better I play! I rerais! All of my friends tepidcall.

The turn transpires the:

Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Oh no! I didn't have anyone drawing dead most in likely, and unfortunately this time they have gottend somewhere!?! I decide to checked. The Big Blind is also pacific, but the gunnunder bets. Even more terribly, the buttond raisers! I glaciercall, and thankfull, the gunnunder just questioncalls.

The river indicates the

Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Ah ha! I know what to do, thanks to my many 2and2 friends!? I unleash the bet, and now gunnunder mysteriousfolds. The buttond reaches deep and shallowcalls.

Once again, I have won the congratulations...but am I a good player, or just a lucky so and so??

Louie Landale
05-02-2003, 04:00 PM
[1] If he has enougheth to call the river then he has enough to call your turn raise AND the river. if he doesn't have enough to call the river then you should check. So either check-raise the turn OR the river, but don't check-call the turn and BETeth the river.

[2] This hand is completely different than the previous one. There are lots of draws available, lots of potential pairs, and your hand is disguised. Do not slow-play.

On the turn, I'd have bet out just in case. Heck, your hand is clearly wortheth calling a double-bet and there is certainly some doubtabout about whether you are beat. If you DO have the better hand you don't want to give away free cards that they are going to call anyway.

On the river, betting out has value since you are in bad position vis-a-vis the likely bettor (the button) to check-raise. If UTG was the likely bettor you should check-raise.

Note: if button "reached deep and shadowcalls" it means he did NOT have the flush.

- Louie

Duke
05-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Is this a joke?

~D