PDA

View Full Version : The 5 year old question is spreading

jokerthief
09-14-2005, 02:28 AM
Link (http://www.outpostnine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577)

This is the second forum I've seen it on since first seeing it in oot. I'm starting to wonder if this is an oot original or not.

Brainwalter
09-14-2005, 03:04 AM
I tihnk it is original. In the original thread there were at least a dozen people making their first 2+2 posts, having found the thread from some external link.

gonores
09-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Google "How many 5 year olds"

the 2+2 post is listed first. Most of the links after that have a link back to 2+2, or link to a site with a link to 2+2. It's also the earliest post of its kind with the stipulations and what-not.

jokerthief
09-14-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

the 2+2 post is listed first. Most of the links after that have a link back to 2+2, or link to a site with a link to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are the dumbfucks who are going to other forums and linking to 2+2? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

gonores
09-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Huh? Why would you have a problem with them linking back to 2+2? It's simple matter of citing the source.

Victor
09-14-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the 2+2 post is listed first. Most of the links after that have a link back to 2+2, or link to a site with a link to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are the dumbfucks who are going to other forums and linking to 2+2? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh no. ppl will find out about 2p2. the world is ending. man, i remember how good the games were when there was 300 ppl here. now its all downhill.

jokerthief
09-14-2005, 03:23 AM
Fish + Education = Bad For Business. The less people elsewhere who know of this place the better IMO.

Victor
09-14-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fish + Education = Bad For Business. The less people elsewhere who know of this place the better IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

yet there is a whole city built on blackjack, craps, roulette, etc. i wonder what would happen if ppl suddenly found out that you cant beat those games.

jokerthief
09-14-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh no. ppl will find out about 2p2. the world is ending. man, i remember how good the games were when there was 300 ppl here. now its all downhill.

[/ QUOTE ]

The games are getting tighter. There's no good in pointing people here. Some might just learn something.

jokerthief
09-14-2005, 03:26 AM
I like taco bell.

mmbt0ne
09-14-2005, 03:28 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, I bet Mason is smiling ear-to-ear knowing the people on his forum think like this.

ChipWrecked
09-14-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh.

How do you lose weight?

Eat less, exercise more.

Simple solution.

How many fatasses do you see every day? In America, I mean.

Losing weight is much easier than being good at poker.

jokerthief
09-14-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh.

How do you lose weight?

Eat less, exercise more.

Simple solution.

How many fatasses do you see every day? In America, I mean.

Losing weight is much easier than being good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your logic. I'm going go tell all the fish in my home game about SSH and email them with links to the small stakes forum tomorrow. I'm also going to tell the donks I see at the tables. It won't matter because not a single one of them will be able to proccess it and none will tighten their play what so ever.

Dynasty
09-14-2005, 04:10 AM
This thread is getting obscene.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/nopkrinoot.gif

As far as the 5-year old thing goes, it definitely started somewhere else.

jokerthief
09-14-2005, 04:19 AM
Admit it, you were dying to post that pic.

iMsoLucky0
09-14-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those other forums where they are linking to 2+2 aren't even poker forums. They're just other random forums that are talking about the thread. I mean, seriously what % of those people are likely to be poker players?

I think you're stretching this a little far.

shakingspear
09-14-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I believe McSweeney's had a similar article a while ago.

IndieMatty
09-14-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like taco bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not worth worrying about, now, so calm down, but man oh man, you get points for taco belling your own thread.

TheWorstPlayer
09-14-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The original poster of the 5 year old question (Doug? I'm too lazy to look it up) explained that it came out of a situation faced by his friend/girlfriend (i forget which) at school/camp (maybe I should look up the details?). Was that a lie?

gonores
09-14-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The original poster of the 5 year old question (Doug? I'm too lazy to look it up) explained that it came out of a situation faced by his friend/girlfriend (i forget which) at school/camp (maybe I should look up the details?). Was that a lie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. I stand by my reputation in regards to this. The only evidence of anything like my 5-year-old question showing up before my thread was a 1-line question posted on a weed-smoking forum back in like 2000. That thread didn't have legs because the responses were pretty lame and the internet was less fluid back then. There may be other examples of similar questions, but they have yet to be brought to my attention.

In most cases, I would rather just be indifferent about this whole thing, but my original 5-year-olds question was used as a door-opener for a couple of writing gigs I may pursue once poker is done. The status of originality for my question is somewhat important to me. Once again, I'd ask you to find an earlier posting of my 5-year-olds question in the fleshed-out form in which I put it. I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm the first person to think about beating up a room full of 5-year-olds, but I think the structure of my particular form of my question should show that the question was at least original to me.

TheWorstPlayer
09-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Did you have knowledge of the previous bare-bones versions when you created yours?

gonores
09-14-2005, 11:42 AM
No. I don't smoke weed, so I didn't see the one on the weed forum.

TheWorstPlayer
09-14-2005, 11:43 AM
You don't know what you're missing.

asofel
09-14-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you have knowledge of the previous bare-bones versions when you created yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he's Dave [censored] [insert last name]!! of course he didn't /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rduke55
09-14-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. But I believe it was 12 year olds in McSweeneys. Other than that it looks like a similar idea.

MINETZ
09-14-2005, 12:39 PM
pretty confident in answering infinite.

morgan180
09-14-2005, 01:58 PM
i think its funny that dynasty is the only one that uses this pic.

09-14-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like taco bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed!

B Dids
09-14-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime this comes up people seem to forget.

I'll make this quick since it's OOT

Fisharen'tfishbecausetheydon'tknowhowtoplaywellthe y'refishbecausetheydon'tcareaboutplayingwell.

bwana devil
09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm the first person to think about beating up a room full of 5-year-olds

[/ QUOTE ]

i love the above phrase. i may start quoting that.

for what it's worth gonores, i believe you and i never even answered the question.

09-14-2005, 07:34 PM
WSOP champ 2006:

'Well, let's see, it all started when I was just surfing the Net at work, and then I ran across this thing about beating up five-year olds..'