Evan
09-14-2005, 02:18 AM
Post results and other stuff here.

wheelz
09-14-2005, 02:42 AM
etizzle, double or nothing?

NLSoldier
09-14-2005, 03:41 AM
I think its pretty lame that we are rematching vs the same team that we just played in week 6.

fyodor
09-14-2005, 03:45 AM
even lamer that Klepton and I still haven't played Week 6

NLSoldier
09-14-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. im really glad rounder got the job done so it didnt have to come down to a forfeit.

you and klepton will get you match this week...

Grisgra
09-14-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. im really glad rounder got the job done so it didnt have to come down to a forfeit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, as we are the home team this time I think that we get to set the schedule, no? Though I personally think this should be a best-of-10 deal (tiebreak = captains play) in general, as I said in the other thread.

NLSoldier
09-14-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, as we are the home team this time I think that we get to set the schedule, no? Though I personally think this should be a best-of-10 deal (tiebreak = captains play) in general, as I said in the other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you guys the home team? Werent we both 4-2? with us winning the head to head match? Or is that not how it was decided?

I like the best of 10 idea, but alot of poeple seem to have enough trouble playing the 1 match as it is...maybe for the championship?

MEbenhoe
09-14-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you guys the home team? Werent we both 4-2? with us winning the head to head match? Or is that not how it was decided?

I like the best of 10 idea, but alot of poeple seem to have enough trouble playing the 1 match as it is...maybe for the championship?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure in the playoffs you just play your counterparts, at least this is how it worked in the past, but then again the confusion is understandable as someone failed to mention this to you.

NLSoldier
09-14-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure in the playoffs you just play your counterparts, at least this is how it worked in the past, but then again the confusion is understandable as someone failed to mention this to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

im going off this grisga quote...

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, as we are the home team this time I think that we get to set the schedule, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Grisgra
09-14-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan, confirm?

Evan
09-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Ugh, sorry I forgot to make sure the home taems were right last nght cause I was exhausted while writing the post. I edited the sticky post to make NL Soldier's team home because they won the match with grisgra.

I know I stated earlier in the season that individual matches would be the tiebreaker but I didn't save my spreadsheet that had all of those last night and I really don't have the time to figure it out right now.

If anyone has a serious problem with this please let me know immediately. Otherwise I hope we can continue with NL Soldier being home team. Sorry about the confusion.

B Dids
09-14-2005, 06:58 PM
My only issue is that my counterpart and I have schedules that don't work. He's not in this country, I have a real job, etc... so if we can work something out there to switch, that would be awesome.

I would also ask not to play baronzeus again, as he clearly isn't a meaningfully challenge. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MEbenhoe
09-14-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, sorry I forgot to make sure the home taems were right last nght cause I was exhausted while writing the post. I edited the sticky post to make NL Soldier's team home because they won the match with grisgra.

I know I stated earlier in the season that individual matches would be the tiebreaker but I didn't save my spreadsheet that had all of those last night and I really don't have the time to figure it out right now.

If anyone has a serious problem with this please let me know immediately. Otherwise I hope we can continue with NL Soldier being home team. Sorry about the confusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you'll be resigning at the end of this season correct?

Evan
09-14-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

so you'll be resigning at the end of this season correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif I can't wait.

fyodor
09-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Well if I get Klepton again I hope we can play this time. I would really like to begin our match no later than midnight Eastern. Klepton is in California and I am in Toronto.

If there is a better match up timezone wise I would appreciate it.

B Dids
09-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Lawless types like Klepton are hard to keep to a schedule.

NLSoldier
09-14-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My only issue is that my counterpart and I have schedules that don't work. He's not in this country, I have a real job, etc... so if we can work something out there to switch, that would be awesome.

I would also ask not to play baronzeus again, as he clearly isn't a meaningfully challenge. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure if his internet is going to be setup by this week or not. i think it is...otherwise i dont see any other option than you playing baronzues again...

NLSoldier
09-14-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well if I get Klepton again I hope we can play this time. I would really like to begin our match no later than midnight Eastern. Klepton is in California and I am in Toronto.

If there is a better match up timezone wise I would appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will ask him if thats going to be a problem. if it is, ill have you play rounder who is in central time zone.

fyodor
09-15-2005, 06:24 PM
So has it been determined what the matchups are? If so will my opponent be contacting me shortly?

BottlesOf
09-15-2005, 07:23 PM
etizzle v JBB
Bugstud v J.R.
tosh v wheeeelz
stinkypete v tolbiny
strassa v lmn55d

SpicyF
09-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Is HULA playoff rigged, where is Team EdFish? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

NLSoldier
09-16-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So has it been determined what the matchups are? If so will my opponent be contacting me shortly?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, same as last week. ill tell klepton to contact you asap. although now that you guys have eachothers phone numbers it really shouldnt be hard to schedule a match....

etizzle
09-16-2005, 09:51 AM
yessir

wheelz
09-16-2005, 10:50 AM
alright, but this time when we win you actually have to pay me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lmn55d
09-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey Strassa can't play in the playoffs. Should I just PM the sub??

TomCollins
09-16-2005, 06:02 PM
BRING ON THE SUB!!!!

bugstud
09-16-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
etizzle v JBB
Bugstud v J.R.
tosh v wheeeelz
stinkypete v tolbiny
strassa v lmn55d

[/ QUOTE ]

J.R. again? Good god, the last one wasn't long enough? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BottlesOf
09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Should we re-think our line up strategy? I just wwnt with what we did last time b/c we won, but with the absence does this change anything? If not, lmn55d will just play the sub, but if anyone has another idea please pm me soon.

Tosh
09-16-2005, 08:43 PM
I have a bit of a problem in that I can play tomorrow during the day time or right now, and then I'm on holiday for 5 days.

NLSoldier
09-16-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a bit of a problem in that I can play tomorrow during the day time or right now, and then I'm on holiday for 5 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think americans should take up the term "holiday" I like it.

BottlesOf
09-16-2005, 10:15 PM
D FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(seriously though get in touch with wheelz and hopefully you guys can get it in soon)

Tosh
09-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Wheelz, can you play tomorrow at the latest starting at midday? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tosh
09-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Sitting at salt of the earth hoping wheelz turns up in the next hour or so.

wheelz
09-17-2005, 09:11 AM
sorry for losing 3 [censored] weeks in a row team, but not much you can do when the poker gods are having their way with you

gg tosh

Tosh
09-17-2005, 09:12 AM
I beat wheelz in what only can be described as a joke of a match. I hit runner runner, inside straight all over, just about everything I could hit, not a contest with that much luck.

Tosh
09-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Btw if there are anymore hula matches I will be back next Saturday, can't play the first couple of days in the week though.

tolbiny
09-17-2005, 10:57 AM
I don't see any reason to change anything. I PM'ed Stinkypete a coupld of days ago, but have not heard anything back from him.

fyodor
09-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Klepton it's midnight here but I will be up for at least another cpl hours. If you are around let me know and we can play.

fyodor
09-18-2005, 01:09 AM
Well a cpl hours was a bit of an exageration. I'm packing it in right now.

pm me or something with a time you will be available.

Klepton
09-18-2005, 02:03 PM
alright i got nothing to do all day today (sunday), call em up when you are ready, and i'll sit down before i get off the phone with you.

Lmn55d
09-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Lmn55d takes the win. Good match.

TomCollins
09-18-2005, 02:42 PM
I was outmatched in my game against LMND44 and got owned in under 20 minutes. The only hand I won was an ugly gutshot I hit on him.

Klepton
09-18-2005, 03:11 PM
i beat fyodor, it was a heated match

wheelz
09-18-2005, 03:19 PM
I think we should actually post in here before we play our matches now. People (at least I) might want to watch some.

fyodor
09-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Well it took him a while but Klepton got a handle on my play and adjusted way better than I did. I led for a long time but every time I thought I was going to put him away he hit another straight.

It got back to even and then seesawed for a bit. When he finally took a big lead my frustration coupled with his superior play did me in.

I had great cards for a long time but that isn't enough.

NLSoldier
09-18-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i beat fyodor, it was a heated match

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BottlesOf
09-19-2005, 07:27 PM
sent a pm....I have to play you tonite or tuesday or wednesday, then I will be out of comission until Tues.

etizzle
09-19-2005, 07:33 PM
yo i can play tomorrow, i'll im you

Evan
09-19-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be out of comission until Tues.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean you're not going to be able to play next week's match?

BottlesOf
09-19-2005, 08:59 PM
I don't know. How can we possibly have next week match I feel like we've only played like 2 of our games?

I don't really see the need to maintain the one week pace now that we only have four teams and are in the playoffs.

I will not be able to play HULA on Friday/Saturday or Sunday. Thurs. and Monday late maybe, but those are a stretch.

Looks like I'll play etizzle tomorrow.

I'd prefer like 10/11/12 o clock tomm. (eastern)

Evan
09-20-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see the need to maintain the one week pace now that we only have four teams and are in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine with me. If the other teams agree to extend Round One for an extra week then we can do it.

NLSoldier
09-20-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine with me. If the other teams agree to extend Round One for an extra week then we can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, although i think just an extra few days would be better, like till fri, or sun.

B Dids
09-20-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm apparently playing baronzeus again, who probably thinks that he can escape my massive running good powers. I agree with an extension.

Evan
09-20-2005, 05:33 PM
Okay, we'll extend round 1. Tenative starting date for round 2 will be Monday the 26th.

tolbiny
09-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Well if you insist- stinkypete and I should be playing tonight- whenever he is done with dinner.

B Dids
09-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Update- I'm giving baron a couple more days to prepare for the onslaught.

Make peace with your gods homey.

stinkypete
09-20-2005, 10:33 PM
stinkypete vs. tolbiny starting on table salt of the earth if anyone want to watch

BottlesOf
09-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Haven't heard from you....tomorrow is probably the last day bnefore monday.

stinkypete
09-20-2005, 11:06 PM
stinkypete has defeated tolbiny. w00t!

team bugstud pwns!

BottlesOf
09-20-2005, 11:14 PM
I believe we are down 2-1 with me and JR still to play on my team...

NLSoldier
09-22-2005, 04:05 AM
All1n is 2-0 vs the Schneids and team thanksfish is up 2-0 vs grisgra. (and soildier is drunk) w0t000000000t

ALL1N
09-22-2005, 04:06 AM
ALL1N over Schneids.

Klepton
09-22-2005, 04:40 PM
finals here we come

B Dids
09-22-2005, 04:51 PM
So if Baron luck boxes out on me tonight it's all over for team Grisgra?

Sad news, sad news indeed.

Grisgra
09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So if Baron luck boxes out on me tonight it's all over for team Grisgra?

Sad news, sad news indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kick his ass . . .

B Dids
09-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Ass=Kicked.

I run sick hot again and manage to dodge almost anything that baron had that was big. Team Grisgra lives!!!

baronzeus
09-22-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ass=Kicked.

I run sick hot again and manage to dodge almost anything that baron had that was big. Team Grisgra lives!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i lost all the big pots and won all the small ones /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

fyodor
09-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Mr. Dids you are the man. Thank you for once again saving my sorry ass.

bugstud
09-23-2005, 06:03 PM
jr and I on troubled twins

bugstud
09-23-2005, 07:21 PM
75 min WINNAR IS ME

JR is tough

Tosh
09-23-2005, 07:35 PM
So we are finalists?

B Dids
09-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Where are we at?

I know that we're waiting on a Grisgra/Soiler match, and they're both posting today. So like... play and stuff.

Rumor has it that rounder is ducking Bubu- and since they've already used their alternate (that was baronzeus, I crushed him, in case you forgot) I move for an immediate forfit.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NLSoldier
09-25-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where are we at?

I know that we're waiting on a Grisgra/Soiler match, and they're both posting today. So like... play and stuff.

Rumor has it that rounder is ducking Bubu- and since they've already used their alternate (that was baronzeus, I crushed him, in case you forgot) I move for an immediate forfit.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

eff that, if anyone is gonna have to forfeit itd be gris. he said he cant play till tues, which is fine with me, but if you wanna start calling for forfeits then go ahead.

Evan
09-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Matches aren't finished yet. Take more time. More updates once matches have been played.

B Dids
09-26-2005, 09:52 AM
dude, I said " /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif" forfits would obviously blow and I don't see much reason to rush things.

Tosh
09-26-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Matches aren't finished yet. Take more time. More updates once matches have been played.

[/ QUOTE ]

My match is finished what others matter? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

B Dids
09-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Rumor has it that it's all tied up and that the fate of the free world rests on the Grisgra/Soiler match up.

fyodor
09-26-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rumor has it that it's all tied up and that the fate of the free world rests on the Grisgra/Soiler match up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this one isn't going to be on ESPN could we at least get an hour or so notice on when it will be held?

NLSoldier
09-26-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this one isn't going to be on ESPN could we at least get an hour or so notice on when it will be held?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably around 730 est.

Grisgra
09-27-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

probably around 730 est.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, probably a little later than that, ~8:30EST. But close.

NLSoldier
09-27-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

probably around 730 est.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, probably a little later than that, ~8:30EST. But close.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are messing up my date with justin A sir. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

NLSoldier
09-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Starting now on table salt of the earth for anyone who wants to watch.

Grisgra
09-27-2005, 09:56 PM
After a 17-hour marathon battle in which NLSoldier came from behind to even about 184 times, I pull off the victory.

Team Grisgra is officially up 3-2, and going to the finals.

Good game. I probably aged about five years because of it.

NLSoldier
09-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Grisgra beat me in what was probably the hardest fought match I played in this season. He started out hot and never gave up the lead despite me coming back from all in to even twice.

Good game and good season guys.

fyodor
09-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Just how good is Team Grisgra?
I was drafted in the 2nd round (top 20 overall) and I totaly sucked and we are still in the final.
Imagine if I were to actually win a match?

I would like to thank my entire team - Grisgra, Shneids, Bubu, b_dids, & Arkady - for carrying me on thier backs this far. You guys are the best and I am honoured to be in the same group email as you.

Grisgra
09-27-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grisgra beat me in what was probably the hardest fought match I played in this season. He started out hot and never gave up the lead despite me coming back from all in to even twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't over yet, you get to play for 3rd (and some $$).

Grisgra
09-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Not very. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2931412)

We're only ranked about 5th or so. My mid-to-late round picks were uninspiring. I passed up value in Danemania and (please don't laugh TOO hard, the man wrote a very good book) King Yao.

Sorry, Dids, Bubu. After considering things a bit more, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut you from the team.

NLSoldier
09-28-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't over yet, you get to play for 3rd (and some $$).

[/ QUOTE ]

uggh.

Klepton
09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
finals here we come

[/ QUOTE ]

the one time i talk [censored] ever and i have to eat my words

this sucks.

B Dids
09-28-2005, 07:20 PM
So like, how much money are we playing for here? Can I buy a TV now!?

The good thing is that I totally forgot I spent 50 on this, so whatever I get is all profit.

Mental accounting rules.

Grisgra
09-28-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The good thing is that I totally forgot I spent 50 on this, so whatever I get is all profit.

Mental accounting rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Non-captains are playing for $135 or $225, captains are playing for $210 or $350. Sah-weet!

B Dids
09-28-2005, 10:55 PM
This assumes we don't pay our alternate, or it does? 'Cause like, we should.

NLSoldier
09-29-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mental accounting rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Non-captains are playing for $135 or $225, captains are playing for $210 or $350. Sah-weet!

[/ QUOTE ]

If team grisgra wins I think the 3rd place team should get a shot at the losing team of the championship for true 2nd.

Evan
09-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Is the JBB v. bugstud match complete? There are only 3 matches reported here with bugstuf leading 2-1. JR and JBB haven't reported matches.

You guys suck!

BottlesOf
09-30-2005, 01:03 AM
Wrong. Check the thread again. Specifically Bugstud.

Evan
09-30-2005, 04:31 AM
My bad.