PDA

View Full Version : flopped trips, no kicker..

sweet wicking action
09-14-2005, 02:01 AM
no reads at this table. did i play this right?
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

hobbsmann
09-14-2005, 02:06 AM
fold preflop 3/6 has a 1/3 blind structure and your hand sucks.

Nick C
09-14-2005, 02:21 AM
When Button 3-bets your turn checkraise, I think that's cause for concern. But there's a good chance he also just has trip 9's and you're tied with him.

The river card looks good for you, but by the point Button is capping, I'm kind of expecting to see A9/K9. AA and KK are also not completely out of the question.

I would have just called the turn 3-bet, but I probably would have 3-bet the river, like you did. However, I would not have been happy when Button capped.

Earlier in the hand, I probably would have just led the flop. When you do that, people will tend to put you on an ace, not trips -- at least at first. Fear of that ace may be enough to get a lot of folds, but someone with an ace will give you some action or at least pay you off.

When you check-call the flop and then checkraise the turn, on the other hand, you're representing a monster (which, in this case, is what you have). Party 3/6 players may pay off such slowplays a lot, but they do see them all the time.

Edit: I agree with Hobbsmann about preflop. I would fold the hand preflop in the 1/3 blind structure.

09-14-2005, 03:17 AM
With no reads I am probably capping the turn because of the extra outs possibly picked up. On the river I lead and just call the raise, however.

Nick C
09-14-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With no reads I am probably capping the turn because of the extra outs possibly picked up. On the river I lead and just call the raise, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I didn't notice Hero turned a flush draw, actually. I'm not sure that draw is enough to make me want to cap the turn, but it does add to our equity in a hand where we have a good chance of currently being tied.

silkyslim
09-14-2005, 06:20 AM
what is your reasoning on the flop?

ErrantNight
09-14-2005, 08:28 AM
no. lead the flop! WAR on the god-damn flop!

ErrantNight
09-14-2005, 08:29 AM
and i didn't notice this was 3/6 until reading Nick and Hobbs.. but they're entirely correct, you shouldn't see the flop, here.

09-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Very weak play on the flop I would have pounded anyone still in. Also I agree with the other posters you should not have seen the flop here.