PDA

View Full Version : Crazy pineapple advice?

Glurfle
05-02-2003, 03:34 AM
So, I started playing Crazy Pineapple (high only) at Paradise out of curiosity. The first couple sessions I played were shorthanded and I absolutely beat the snot out of the people there. In retrospect, it looks more like a freak run of cards, but I'm not really sure how to evaluate starting hands well yet. The next couple times I played I got absolutely murdered. I've managed to find a single article on the net, but it only covers the High/Low version. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can find advice for this game?

For what it's worth, I've generally been playing 3 card hands that consist of 2 or more reasonable hands to open with in a regular Hold'em game. I've been playing high cards and big pairs fairly weakly, since two pair seems to get made a lot on the flop, and I'm never quite sure where I stand. Medium pairs that aren't also connectors generally just get thrown out, because even if I flop a set, there's a good chance of straight or flush draws chasing me down. I'm probably playing Axs more than I should, since the games I've been playing there's almost always someone drawing to an open-ended straight and another person drawing to a 4-flush whenever the flop is two-suited, and the pot's always big enough that there's no real way to knock them off the hand.

Bottom line, I'm really just faking it at the table, and it's probably catching up to me. Oddly enough, I still somehow kill the table once it gets 4-handed or lower, but get trounced at 6 and up. I have the feeling the game could be very lucrative, assuming I can reach some reasonable level of competence.

umaga
05-05-2003, 03:47 PM
http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=genpok&Number=96010