PDA

View Full Version : Pop Up Crazy

DeezNuts
09-14-2005, 01:29 AM
I've been getting a lot of popups on my computer via IE. I've downloaded XP Service pack and everything like that, ran ad-aware, etc. I don't even use IE, I use Firefox but still I come home and have 10 popups on my computer. Any suggestions? As you can tell I'm a noob with computers and this kinda stuff. Thanks in advance.

DN

RollaJ
09-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Norton Internet Security, $30 off eBay. Havent had a pop up in years /images/graemlins/wink.gif

icepick
09-14-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been getting a lot of popups on my computer via IE. I've downloaded XP Service pack and everything like that, ran ad-aware, etc. I don't even use IE, I use Firefox but still I come home and have 10 popups on my computer. Any suggestions? As you can tell I'm a noob with computers and this kinda stuff. Thanks in advance.

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're using Firefox, popups while surfing should be rare.

But from your message, you're not getting these popups while surfing. That leads me to believe that you're getting them via the Windows Messenger.

Try this. (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learnmore/stopspam.mspx)

CrazyN8
09-14-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're using Firefox, popups while surfing should be rare.

But from your message, you're not getting these popups while surfing. That leads me to believe that you're getting them via the Windows Messenger.

Try this. (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learnmore/stopspam.mspx)

[/ QUOTE ]

what I quote here is right and very good info (link) but Service Pack 2 should fix the windows messenging crap, no?