PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

The Truth
09-14-2005, 01:26 AM
villain is 60/14 wtsd 45% all from 4-5 handed.

I have A2o in the sb. (2chip 3 chip blind structure.)
5 handed.

folded to me I raise, BB calls.

Flop comes K J J 2clubs, i got the 2 of clubs.

I bet, villain calls.

turn: 8d.

my action and plan?

irishpint
09-14-2005, 01:29 AM
check/fold? if you think you're good and want to see a showdown then maybe bet and call the river.

bone77
09-14-2005, 01:46 AM
easy flop check. i find it easier to play your hand based on villain's flop action. i know most people will say that you should keep the lead but here goes... since you raised preflop and he merely called, his hand doesn't rate to be much. if he bets behind he's more than likely just trying to pick up the pot right then and there so it's a perfect opportunity to c/r with what is most likely the best hand. if he calls again then it's time to reevaluate.
-tony

wackjob
09-14-2005, 02:33 AM
Go for a turn C/R.

bank
09-14-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go for a turn C/R.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is spewing IMO. I c/f or bet/fold here (leaning towards c/f)...against a more laggy opponent I could see c/c'ing turn/river.

What's Villian's AF?

The Truth
09-14-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go for a turn C/R.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is spewing IMO. I c/f or bet/fold here (leaning towards c/f)...against a more laggy opponent I could see c/c'ing turn/river.

What's Villian's AF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I left out AF, its right at 1.

The Truth
09-14-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
easy flop check. i find it easier to play your hand based on villain's flop action. i know most people will say that you should keep the lead but here goes... since you raised preflop and he merely called, his hand doesn't rate to be much. if he bets behind he's more than likely just trying to pick up the pot right then and there so it's a perfect opportunity to c/r with what is most likely the best hand. if he calls again then it's time to reevaluate.
-tony

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting post. I like the train of thought, however, I have a weak weak hand here, and he is going to showdown with almost anything.

He will call the check raise, so I am kinda commited to putting in a turn bet if I check raise.

Turn check/fold is likely the best option.
It is the one I took this time, and I felt a bit unsure after....

bank
09-14-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I left out AF, its right at 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it's really close between bet/folding and check/folding (but i'm leaning towards c/f again). Does he peel many flops? Gives up on turn much? What's his fold to river bet?