PDA

View Full Version : Checkraised on the turn, what's the plan?

09-14-2005, 12:27 AM
2/4 game on Noble. Villain hasn't really caught my attention, seems semiloose but not too terribly aggressive (no PT stats for Noble, unless I'm missing something), and I don't recall him raising preflop.

preflop: several folds, Villain in late MP raises, I raise next w/ 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, everyone else folds, villain calls.

flop (7.5 SB): 9 8 6 all /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Villain checks, I bet, villain calls.

turn (4.75 BB): 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif villain checks, I bet, villain raises, I ?????

I initially put him on a good Ace, maybe KQs, and pairs 9+, probably ruling out AA/KK since he didn't cap. Are these pretty reasonable from someone who seems pretty quiet and not in REAL late position??

Bodhi
09-14-2005, 12:54 AM
I raise with A7s in the villains seat all day long, so it's possible he has the straight. Call his raise and hope you fill up on the river. If he's bluffing, raising now will only make him fold.

DCWildcat
09-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Unfortunately that 10 completes a lot of draws for your opponent. Very rarely would you see a bet from a lone high diamond here, so I think the check/raise definately means you're behind. I like calling and hoping to boat up.