PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Shame Award

PokerFinder
05-02-2003, 12:07 AM
I like to dedicate this award to pokerclub for the month of April. Here's the story:

I got an email from them about their grand opening and free $50 offer for 1st 1000 players, so I decided to be there and was there 3 hours before the launch time for real money and played free money tables. I think the launch time was 2:00 pm (can't remember exactly) but I was there at 11:00 and waited for the launch.

They have hosts that sits in the middle of the table and chat and I asked about my account and the host agreed that I will have $50 in account as soon as they launch.

The launch was delayed for some time, then games started....server crashed, people sitting down chatting and host is still there....

Time was now 4:00 pm and I still don't have my free $50...I ask the host and host said they are working on it. I wait and wait.....and finally leave for work since it was 5:30 pm (wasted 6 1/2 hours)

I went back next day and checked my account, no $$$ so I emailed them and they replied that I wasn't on of the 1000 players who were logged in.......wtf????

I told them to see the logs and especially chat logs which i had with players and hosts asking about my $50. They never replied back and I even emailed again asking for a response. I also called their support and got re-directed to some Indian dude, I guess their support is also in India like Party who had no clue what I was talking about and told me they'll look into it.

Anyone else had a problem collecting $50???

Hung
05-02-2003, 02:16 AM
I don't understand you guys.
I've seen so many posts about pokerclub, being so lousy. Why do you go back there? Just leave them to die.

Mike Haven
05-02-2003, 04:26 AM
i'm afraid you misread the original e-mail about the free $50

it was not that the first 1000 players who sat at their tables on the opening day would receive fifty - it was that the first 1000 who transferred their funds from their old poker.com site would receive the bonus, over the weeks leading up to the opening

it sounds to me that you were far too late in terms of the correct procedures

however, the good news is that in your unique circumstances if you write to patricia at support and explain the full story of what happened i would say you are 87.5% likely to receive a special one-off $50 "hard luck" ex gratia payment

please let us know if this turns out to be the case

good luck

PokerFinder
05-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Mike,

I wrote 2 emails to support and still no reply. I guess if you have a different email address for this person then I should try it as my last resort.

I did not have any funds in my old account and I don't think the email was referring to transferring money to be qualified. I even asked the host on the opening day and host said first 1000 players will get $50 and there's no deposit required. Either the info given to me was wrong or this whole promotion was a gimmick.

Please post the email if it is different than their support email address published on site.

Thanks!

Mike Haven
05-02-2003, 01:00 PM
sorry - i can't trace the original e-mail - but i am 100% certain the $50 was for the first 1000 to act to sign up on the new site - transfer of funds may not have been a condition - however i remember making sure i signed up immediately to give me a chance of getting a free $50 - which i did

the host and you were coming from two directions when you talked - he meant the first 1000 that had signed up - you thought it was the first 1000 on site that day - i can see the easy confusion that must have occurred over this

i have private-messaged you patricia's e-mail address - (i think she published it here once, but i'm not certain on that point)

to say the promotion was a gimmick is correct, but aren't all promotions? - as poker.com they had built up a very loyal and regular client base but after the difficulties of the site-address-change i thought i could see numbers slipping - they have totally revamped the look of the software and by offering a free $50,000 they have ensured that they have 1000 players playing while they try to bring in new players, rather than trying to start again from scratch

Mike Haven
05-02-2003, 01:07 PM
good news!

patricia has just e-mailed me and told me she will add an ex gratia $50 to your account immediately bercause of the hassle you have gone through

please private-message me your user name and/or your e-mail address and it will be done within minutes - i would stake my reputation on this

(ps - i haven't sent you patricia's e-mail address because of this broken news)

PokerFinder
05-03-2003, 12:00 AM
Mike,
Thanks for taking care of my problem and thanks to Patricia for being so kind.

On a separate note to pokerscene fans: 2+2 also offer help to poker players and deliver results /forums/images/icons/grin.gif