PDA

View Full Version : Ace 10 offsuit Did I play this wrong?

Havok
09-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Bodog 5$ SNG

Down to 5 handed BB 100

MP3 1,800 has been playing tight but aggressive
CO(Villian) 3,400 maniac that has been getting lucky
Hero on the button: 2,100 I have been playing tight aggressive

Everyone folds to MP3 who calls 100
Co calls
Hero raises to 300 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB folds
BB folds
MP3 calls
Button calls 1,200 in the pot

The FLOP: J /images/graemlins/spade.gifKing /images/graemlins/club.gifQueen /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP3 goes all in for his last 1,500
Button calls all in for 1,500 4,200 in the pot
Hero calls 1,500 5,700 in the pot

Turn 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Button checks
Hero goes all in for his last 200
Button calls

River 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Co turns over Queen /images/graemlins/heart.gifJack /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villian turns over 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero loses nut straight to suck out on the river. I'm not trying to make this a bad beat thread by any means. But, if I went all in on the flop instead of called would that have been a better play. Surely dumbass villian has to call my measly all in with the pot odds he's getting at that point. Is there anything I could have done better here? This hand is killing me.

lastchance
09-13-2005, 11:18 PM
I would have pushed the flop.

Of course, he would have still called, and you would have still lost, but I think it's an overall better play.

09-13-2005, 11:29 PM
You essentially went allin on the flop when you left yourself with 200. It is a pretty standard rule that if more than 40% of your stack is going in (for whatever reason) it is usually best to simply go all in.

Why leave yourself with 200? You need to push it on the turn no matter what card gets flipped, due to pot odds.

That said, the play was fine, clearly you are not going to fold the nuts.