PDA

View Full Version : Party Million V: Two Questions

Zygote
09-13-2005, 10:59 PM
1) Does anyone know how to buy in directly because i can't find any info on their site?

2) Does anyone know the age requirement because again this isn't visibly listed on their site?

Thanks

KramerTM
09-13-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Does anyone know how to buy in directly because i can't find any info on their site?

2) Does anyone know the age requirement because again this isn't visibly listed on their site?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... All I know is I am going!!!!

Sorry, just really excited that I won a satellite on PP two weeks ago. When you figure all this out, I'll see you on the boat.

FWIW, I believe the age requirement is 21. E-mail PP customer service, they're pretty helpful.

MicroBob
09-14-2005, 12:03 AM
pretty sure it says 21 to play in the tournament somewhere on their website (in T&C's or FAQ's or something).

also would guess that they aren't even accepting direct buy-in's currently but who knows?
why don't you just ask customer-support about buying-in on your own. One would think they would be happy to accept your money and get you all set up!!

Kramer - I pm'ed you back but haven't heard back from you so not sure if you got it.
Congrats again on scoring the cruise.
did you find out for sure if it departs out of Miami?? (this year the ports of call are Cozumel and Cayman Isls.)

KramerTM
09-14-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure it says 21 to play in the tournament somewhere on their website (in T&C's or FAQ's or something).

also would guess that they aren't even accepting direct buy-in's currently but who knows?
why don't you just ask customer-support about buying-in on your own. One would think they would be happy to accept your money and get you all set up!!

Kramer - I pm'ed you back but haven't heard back from you so not sure if you got it.
Congrats again on scoring the cruise.
did you find out for sure if it departs out of Miami?? (this year the ports of call are Cozumel and Cayman Isls.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops... don't think I got that one Micro. Still haven't heard any new details on the cruise, let alone a simple e-mail from Party confirming that I even won the damn thing.

Wait, so are you saying you know that it is leaving from Miami this year? I'm a little confused, as my tropical-island-geography is lagging big time.

PS - Will you be joining me on the cruise? How'd you fare the rest of the week? Shout back at me when you get a chance.

BTW, saw you "mentioned" me on your blog. Made me excited.

KramerTM
09-14-2005, 11:52 AM
From: http://www.partypoker.com/news/partypoker_million/ppm5-super-satellite.htm

"Please note that players in the PartyPoker Million V event have to be at least 21 years of age. This is a World Poker Tour requirement."

KramerTM
09-14-2005, 11:54 AM
And regarding Direct Buy-ins:

http://www.partypoker.com/news/partypoker_million/ppm5_direct_buy_in.htm

Guess I was helpful after all.

Zygote
09-14-2005, 01:26 PM
thank you very much for the info and the time you took. Unfortunately, i'm not 21 and i'm disappointed because i was looking forward to buying into this event.

Anyways, thanks again and have a great time on the cruise.

MicroBob
09-14-2005, 07:13 PM
I haven't qualified as of yet.
will still be trying...but there's more action for the Aussie millions coming up in january...and not as many single-table qualifiers for the PPM V running.

I have made the final 2 tables in a couple of my tries but busted out.
No close calls at all in my last 3 tries. 70th out of 430 was my best...but only the top 10 got the cruise.
I don't feel I've been playing very well lately.

There is still a chance that I will go anyway even if I don't win a seat.
Won't buy-in directly to the tournament...will just purchase a cabin.

Last year the cruise departed from San Diego and went down the Pacific (Mexican Riviera) past Cabo San Lucas (didn't stop) down to Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta (both on the Paciifc Coast obviously...north of Aculpulco).

Nothing about this year's stops on the Party site that I've seen...but in cardplayer magazine in the ad for their cruises it is now listing the PPM V ports as being in Cayman Isls. and Cozumel.
This is the caribbean side of Mexico.
(and I thought I had seen something elsewhere on party at one point about it being a Caribbean cruise this year but haven't seen that little info lately).

For a cruise to these ports-of-call I would think that the most likely departure locations would include Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers (2 hours west of Miami and 2.5 hours south of Tampa), Tampa/St. Pete and New Orleans.
Obviously New Orleans is not likely to be an option anymore.
Just my guesses anyway.

Swax
09-14-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thank you very much for the info and the time you took. Unfortunately, i'm not 21 and i'm disappointed because i was looking forward to buying into this event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez - you're under 21 but you have $5K (or whatever it is) to spare to buy into a poker tournament? you got some generous parents or something?

Zygote
09-14-2005, 10:25 PM
haha.

firstly, the buy is $10,200.

secondly, no, my parents are not extremely generous; at least with money.

KramerTM
09-14-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, thanks again and have a great time on the cruise.

[/ QUOTE ]

See you on the cruise for PPM VI? Or will you have to wait longer than that. Thanks for the good luck. I'll report back to 2p2 with how I do.

SoftcoreRevolt
09-15-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the buyin was 13,000 this time?

MyMindIsGoing
09-15-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the buyin was 13,000 this time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is about 10k for the buy in and then about 3k for the trip itself.

MicroBob
09-15-2005, 02:58 AM
it was going to be a $14k buy-in and a $17.5k total 'package'...but they have since dialed it back to be the as last year.

tournament = $10.2k
cabin = $2.5k
cash for expenses = $800

So when you win a seat on Party you are winning a $13.5k total package.
You are paying for the cabin and spending money in the tournament itself however as they give away one package for every $13.5k in entries (most of the time anyway).
In other words...you are not getting the cabin 'for free' or anything like that.

I'm not sure if the cabin itself is worth $2.5k or if it is a semi-exaggerated price.
My hunch is the latter (most cruises for 2 don't cost $2.5k per cabin as far as I have seen).

To the person who asked about the 20 year-old with extra dough laying around:
We have a handful of 2+2'ers who have been pretty darned successful at this online-poker shtick who have mucho-dinero.
ZeeJustin and Schaefer are a couple of those I believe.
ZeeJustin played in a couple of european tourneys at just 19 I think.
Schafer won some major bucks over there too(don't recall his age).

It happens...the times they are a-changin. Some of these younger guys have won some big ol' bucks in poker

MegaBet
09-15-2005, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, just really excited that I won a satellite on PP two weeks ago. When you figure all this out, I'll see you on the boat.

FWIW, I believe the age requirement is 21. E-mail PP customer service, they're pretty helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look out for me there bud /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mic_check12
09-15-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
E-mail PP customer service, they're pretty helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Made me laugh /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KramerTM
09-15-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look out for me there bud /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You really going? Can't wait to get in an argument with you over whether or not you string bet on the 2nd hand! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MicroBob
09-15-2005, 08:43 PM
without a doubt.

FWIW - they had an address last year that was cruise@partypoker.com (might have been cruises) but they were pretty slow to respond to my questions.

I see that they are requesting that you send questions currently to events@partypoker.

I was just sending my questions to all 3 addresses (info, events and cruise) and hope that ONE of them would send me a freaking answer (and if it actually made sense than that was an additional bonus)