PDA

View Full Version : Poker Blue?

Jorge10
09-13-2005, 10:35 PM
So anyone tried this? I saw it on live at the bike, just wondering how are the games? They offer the same bonus as full tilt, just wondering.

Jorge10
09-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Well? Anyone? Thinking about getting their bonus, but I dont know if its just going to be me and a bunch of other people trying to clear a bonus folding around.

gk2400
09-15-2005, 01:52 PM
It will be you vs. a bunch of Bots.
Its a skin of Pokertroplis. I wouldn't play there if you paid me.
Gene

Jorge10
09-15-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokertroplis

[/ QUOTE ]

What is that? Got a link to a post by someone about this?

Synergistic Explosions
09-15-2005, 05:35 PM
From my personal experience:

Signed up to check out the good free roll offerings and played in em with no raked hand requirements.

After they were over, they offered me 20 bucks for free, so I took it and played .50/1.00. Won about 40 bucks, seemed fine.

Then they had a new free roll for people who made a deposit. So I made a $100 deposit. Bonus sucks though. But if I put in 4 hours at 1/2 or higher I would qualify for the great free roll with few people entering.

Sat down at the 1 buck table and tried to put in my four hours but got totally hammered by the most obscene play from players. I just couldn't win EVER. Just anniliated to the max. After 75 minutes I couldn't take it anymore and withdrew the remaining 70 bucks I had. For a loss of about 90 bucks in 75 minutes.

I figured no free roll was worth being humiliated, chewed up, hammered, and destroyed.

I surmised during and after, the play I saw was unlike anything I've ever seen in 30 months of online play. It left me wondering if something shadey was going on.

That was my experience. And I really want to go back and play 4 hours for the great wpt free roll they are offering each week. I just don't know if I could though for four hours of humiliation to qualify.

gk2400
09-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Hey bud sorry, Should have posted this right away. Check out Bonuswhores.com under blacklisted sites and you'll find The Pokertroplis story.
Gene

Jorge10
09-15-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokertropolis

Pokertropolis is blacklisted because they use poker bots (computerized players run by the house) at their tables. Their management denies this, but anyone who plays there will realize that they are not playing against human opponents.

For what it's worth, the bots do not appear to have any unfair advantage over the players. However, the fact that they are used and then lied about is cause for rather large concern about Pokertropolis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, can someone sticky something about black listed sites?, I almost deposited at poker blue, damnit they could ruin online poker I mean who wants to play with bots?

cardcounter0
09-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Hahahahaha! Do I have to give back all the money I've won off those stupid bots?

Jorge10
09-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Well depends on the game im pretty lousy at limit holdem, but if the game were PLO8 no bot could touch me, but I dont know, if they offer those games, im in, ill play any machine on PLO8.

livinitup0
09-16-2005, 01:05 AM
They use bots. I use pattern mapper. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tapin
09-16-2005, 04:53 PM
I actually won one of those freerolls for the WPT Legends seats.

Now that it's over, I don't feel particularly bad about expressing my opinion:

* The site has little, annoying bugs everywhere.
- Sometimes (for example) seat 1 will be the button, seat 2 gets cards, seat 3 is the SB, and seat 4 is the BB.
- Their cashier is weird and wrong; I deposited $600, sat down at a 2/4 table with $80, and checked the cashier which told me: "Available money: $520 / Money at tables: -$80 / Total: $440"
- If you're invited to a special freeroll tourney, they have to flip a flag on your account, which requires you to log out and log back in to actually see the freeroll in the list -- meaning, as a side effect, that you can't railbird their special freerolls.

* The use of bots at all tables to appear like it's a busier site than it actually is is well-documented

* Their tournament structure is.. well, brain-damaged.
- After the first (or perhaps second?) level, anyone who hasn't yet connected to play gets taken off the tables. This means that, if you're at a table with a couple people sitting out, it's actually in your best interests to play as quickly as possible to get as much of the absent players' money on the table before it's removed.
- They never, ever introduce antes. This leads to endgames where the chip-leader has only one or two times the big blind available. If I wanted to play roulette, I would've gone to a roulette table.

Now, having said that, they're offering seat freerolls again, and if they continue to be as small as they have been (I had to beat 92 people to win my seat, and that was the second-largest field, of five total) the overlay for a WPT or WSOP circuit seat is on the order of $50-$100ish, which might make it worthwhile to actually fight through the four hours of bot-land necessary to get access to the freeroll.