PDA

View Full Version : i fold my 3 pair for one bet on the river

tyler_cracker
09-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Here is a hand i think i played right.

Live, typical loose-passive 2/4. Hero has 32/images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB and checks. 5 to the flop.

Flop (5 SB): J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 players)

SB checks, BB checks, EP checks, reasonably aggressive MP bets, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls, EP calls.

Turn (4.5 BB): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, EP checks, MP bets, CO calls, BB raises, EP folds, MP calls, CO calls.

River (10.5 BB): 6:

BB checks, MP bets, CO folds, BB folds.

It felt weird to check/raise and then check/fold, but i decided that whatever he had, he could probably beat a pair of 3s.

(In retrospect, i suppose there are villains out there who could take this line with just overcards, but i hadn't seen this villain do anything that tricky or aggro in an hour or so of play.)

How'd i do?

Eeegah
09-13-2005, 10:07 PM
You know I wrote up a huge post about how you probably don't have odds to call the flop and in the process convinced myself that you do. Ho hum.

Yeah, I fold this river. Sucks.

crovax4444
09-13-2005, 10:35 PM
I likewise at first didn't like your call with bottom pair, but considering you have a backdoor flush (1.5 outs) plus 2 outs for trips and 3 for 2-pair, I'm thinking it's fine calling it.

Turn: I like the check-raise, good stuff

River: I think u did it right. Samll pot, you got counterfeited. Nicely played

09-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Looks like you just have the odds to take one off on the flop. Everything looks good, good fold on the river, sucks.