PDA

View Full Version : wallpaper border

unlucky513
09-13-2005, 09:45 PM
i'm switching rooms in my house. i'm lazy and want to do as little work as possible.. there is a flower wallpaper border in the room i'm moving into. i obviously don't want flowers on my wall. so my question is, is it possible to put another border over this without taking the flowers off?

if i do have to take it off, how would i go about doing that? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sephus
09-13-2005, 09:55 PM
paint over it.

tek
09-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Spray warm water on the wallpaper and let it soak in. Then peel it off. Then take a damp towel and wipe off the wallpaper glue reside off the wall.

tonypaladino
09-14-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
paint over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

tek
09-14-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
paint over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ghetto. Only old ladies and really lazy people do that... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

unlucky513
09-14-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
paint over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ghetto. Only old ladies and really lazy people do that... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"i'm lazy and want to do as little work as possible.."

Shajen
09-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Get off your lazy ass and steam that [censored] off the walls.

Painting over it will make it look horrible.

Seriously. It won't take long with a steamer, plus, it'll get you off your lazy ass for a while.

DO IT DUDE!

unlucky513
09-14-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get off your lazy ass and steam that [censored] off the walls.

Painting over it will make it look horrible.

Seriously. It won't take long with a steamer, plus, it'll get you off your lazy ass for a while.

DO IT DUDE!

[/ QUOTE ]

you inspired me to not be lazy. my mom owns a steam buggy, hopefully that piece of [censored] will make this easy.

will i have to paint over where the border was?

edit - i'm the most helpless person in OOT if you haven't figured that out already /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Shajen
09-14-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

you inspired me to not be lazy.

[/ QUOTE ] This is what I'm here for bro. My services are cheap too.

[ QUOTE ]
my mom owns a steam buggy, hopefully that piece of [censored] will make this easy.

[/ QUOTE ] Yup, it will.

[ QUOTE ]
will i have to paint over where the border was?

[/ QUOTE ]

how old is the wall paper? Any idea? Chances are they glued the hell out of it, and after you steam the flower border off, the glue will stay and you'll have to scrap/peel it off. This means painting. But painting is easy, and should take long...especially after you enlist your roommates to help you.