PDA

View Full Version : Is Poker Tracker Worth Buying??

09-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I just downloaded the Free Try It Copy of Poker Tracker and I notice that there's a lot of stuff that just doesn't work unless I register the software, which I assume means purchasing the software. So, before I do that, what do you think? Worth it?

Dariel86
09-13-2005, 09:15 PM
You will only get one answer from this forum. And that is:

YES!

Rasputin
09-13-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded the Free Try It Copy of Poker Tracker and I notice that there's a lot of stuff that just doesn't work unless I register the software, which I assume means purchasing the software. So, before I do that, what do you think? Worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be worth it if it cost twice as much.

09-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Short and sweet responses. Thanks. And what do you think are the best features? Anyone? Thanks again!

Bazuul
09-13-2005, 09:46 PM
to me, the best feature is being able to easily see your results and patterns with various hands and in various positions

that alone makes it worth the price, everything else is just icing on the cake

randomstumbl
09-13-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Short and sweet responses. Thanks. And what do you think are the best features? Anyone? Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]

When you first buy PT, the best feature is using a HUD such as PokerAce to get info on your opponents.

After awhile, the best feature is the information on yourself. You can use the stats to see where you're losing money or not making as much as you expect. It's by far the easiest way to find leaks.

Allinlife
09-13-2005, 10:54 PM
you would be wasting your 55$ if you bought PT.

it just records all the hands you played, replay it, shows stats, hourly rates, works with PokerAceHUD to provide you with statiscal edge real time against other players and ends up plugging countless leaks.

I seriously regret paying 55$ for it, they were lucky they gave me 2 serial codes to work with though, otherwise I would have been pretty pissed.

Python49
09-13-2005, 11:31 PM
OP must be new to poker.

Jim Kuhn
09-13-2005, 11:40 PM
For most posters on these forums it is worth much more than the price. For the average poker player it is not worth the $50. Most poker players do not care about getting better. They are either just playing for fun or 'are already an expert'!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

blackize
09-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Download it. Then download a password cracker. Voila! Free Poker Tracker.

obsidian
09-14-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Download it. Then download a password cracker. Voila! Free Poker Tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hope you got your flame suit on.

Buy poker tracker. It should cost more actually.

blackize
09-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Oh I agree it is well worth the money. I got mine through an affiliate so it is all paid for. Hopefully the developers will secure it better, but until they do it is one possible option.

TheHip41
09-14-2005, 01:01 AM
yes

09-14-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what do you think? Worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way! Just keep track with a paper and pen, it's much cheaper.

captZEEbo1
09-14-2005, 07:40 AM
I personally don't find it all that useful. If you play sngs, I think it's easily not worth the money. Maybe just for limit poker. NL it's too hard to analyze imo. I have it and don't even use it.

donkeyradish
09-14-2005, 08:04 AM
I would say it depends if you play a lot of hold'em or not. The more you play the more use its going to be.

For someone who plays every day its invaluable

My most used features:

Session statistics
Game Time Window (which is better with GameTime Plus free addon)
The "rate my play" icons
Replaying hands

jrz1972
09-14-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate winning money, so I deeply regret having purchased PT. It's the worst thing that ever happened to me.

gambool
09-14-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew. I thought I was the only one who was too tight. And for those who say you need a HUD, theres always:

http://www.gambool.com/images/postit.gif

09-14-2005, 08:45 AM
I've had it 4 months, and it's paid for itself at least 10 times over.

RollaJ
09-14-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally don't find it all that useful. If you play sngs, I think it's easily not worth the money. Maybe just for limit poker. NL it's too hard to analyze imo. I have it and don't even use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

For NL it certainly isnt as useful, but still certainly worth $50 whether that is 2 buy-ins for you or 1 BB.

Ghazban
09-14-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you in part about the usefulness in NL but, if nothing else, I like having the ability to go over hands I've played in the past to find leaks. The HUD stuff is vastly overrated in the smallish stakes NL I play (1/2, 2/4) and I imagine is even less useful at the higher stakes where people play more situationally.

4_2_it
09-14-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew. I thought I was the only one who was too tight. And for those who say you need a HUD, theres always:

http://www.gambool.com/images/postit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

direwolf5
09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I think it's the best $55 I've spent on online poker. I'm grinding out a bankroll on party playing NL25. The overlay is key for me at this stage, it allows me to multitask and still play decent poker.

It's not the slickest looking program, but I think it's the most solid.

barry111
09-14-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
me too

mosquito
09-14-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used PTO in Beta, and thought it was great. But I still
haven't gotten around to buying PT or PTO. You can win
without it, but it is nice. If you have to rely on it,
you aren't a winning player.

Of course, I came from B+M, so I'm used to doing my
analysis "the hard way". I don't play more than 4 tables
at once, either.

Eventually I will probably spring for them.

HoldEmKillah
09-14-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
me too

[/ QUOTE ]

For me: probably 30x over no lie. The HUD stuff allows me to play 4 tables at once increasing my $$$$. Not buying it is like folding AA preflop.