PDA

View Full Version : ($16) Shortstacked PVS

durron597
09-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Meh. UTG limp was because he was loose, I didn't fear AA.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Hero (t940)
Button (t1810)
SB (t2525)
BB (t2085)
UTG (t2450)
UTG+1 (t705)
MP1 (t1480)
MP2 (t1505)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero ???

bluefeet
09-13-2005, 07:45 PM
I do the same routinely. This level is a great one to exploit the chronic limpers who haven't yet grasped the transition to the escalating blinds. On Many MANY occasions, you'll find success in pading your FE a bit here for the approaching bubble (yeah, still 8-handed, but in a Turbo, it'll be 5 within an orbit+.5).

One small problem - "read". My only concern in this case is that "loose" might also "loosely" call this with a dominating Ace (or not) hand.

I have no problem with this push -- I'd just feel better if the limpers stood a more cripling effect if/when they slipped and hit the call button.

ZeroPointMachine
09-13-2005, 07:46 PM
IMO it's not a good move or a PVS with three players to act behind you. I could see it from the small blind, but counting on three people to not have a hand and that neither limper likes his is a bit too much for me.

bluefeet
09-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Valid point about the "others to act", but in my experience a push in CO is almost ideal in the "respect" department. But you're certainly correct in that regard. Similarly, you wouldn't be pushing A5 from UTG 5-handed (unless your life depended upon it). But the beauty of pushing over the limpers (again, assuming we peg them as the limp/folding type), is that you're screeeeeeeeeeaming stength -- where all indications (those behind, those already in, etc.) cannot lead villians to any other conclusion.