PDA

View Full Version : Share your best BBQ Recipe's (kipin this means you)

STLantny
09-13-2005, 07:31 PM
I just invented my own, I believe. I took 2 big eggplants from my dads garden, sliced em. In a bowl, mixed salt pepper, rosemary, oregono, olive oil, lemon juice, and a couple other things. Put the eggplants on the grill, put the mixture on the eggplants with a brush while cooking. When the eggplants are browned on both sides, put them on the top rack (keep basting or whatever), throw a steak on the bottom covered in olive oil, cook as nec. Put the eggplants on a big plate, steak on top, serve. Awesome.

PS, I put some pecarino romano on top of the eggplants near the end.

kipin
09-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Very nice, for grilling veggies I have found melted butter actually works better than oil.

As for my favorite grilled item... I think it would have to be just plain old salmon grilled with lemon juice. For the sides it would be grilled zucchini (cooked with butter and spices - I always cook this last as the butter has a tendency to kill the fire by making it flare up) and grilled corn on the cob.

This is assuming you are using a charcoal grill, which I do.

boedeker
09-13-2005, 08:07 PM
havnt you guys already been warned on a previous thread that this is not bbq. this is grilling?

kipin
09-13-2005, 08:09 PM
I never claimed it was BBQ, but yes, I much prefer grilling to BBQ. If for nothing else, because I don't have the proper equipment to do BBQ right. John Nickle on the other hand, does. He needs to weigh in.

STLantny
09-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I call it bbq'ing no matter what. Grilling sounds like something a sissy-mary would say.