PDA

View Full Version : So, you're 4 tabling and your cable internet goes down.....what now?

Mother Mucker
09-13-2005, 06:59 PM
You then go ahead and take out all of the wires in your modem and plug them back in hoping it comes back on but it doesn't. You even turn on your TV, ran by the same cable internet, and that comes in but it's real fuzzy.

So, basically, you're fckkked and you are sat out of your SNG's long enough to lose all of your buy-ins.

Any ideas on how to prevent this or is it just part of life?

BigHobo
09-13-2005, 07:00 PM
If you're that concerned about it you can get a cheap dial-up plan as a backup.

deathpotato
09-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Have a friend to call or a backup DSL connection. I've had to do the former and am looking into setting up the latter.

Degen
09-13-2005, 07:01 PM
make a friend who you trust to play them for you...and hope like hell that he is at his computer and not already in a set

chisness
09-13-2005, 07:35 PM
netzero offers a free 10 hours a month dialup

i had this happen while i was in 8 games the other night -- quickly called two friends and both took over (though they only had 3 games each when they got on, but ended up winning 1 each and not placing in the others, so i was pretty pleased)

should i compensate them? i've played for them before as well, so is it just a courtesy we should all extend or is it necessary to give a cut or maybe a dinner for each time if there are decent winnings

i think a cut is necessary for something like a relatively large multi placing

durron597
09-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Pay for both DSL and cable.