PDA

View Full Version : No Limit vs Limit

mmbapmashida
09-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Sorry if there has already been a post on this, which I'm sure there has, but I found nothing through the search engine.

As I've been experimenting with Limit HE as of late, I was wondering what the main differences for cash games are...like, wouldn't NL be much more profitable? I see most players at around 10BB/100, and some even 15-20BB/100, which in this case is big blinds, but for limit I see the best winrates around 2BB/100 or 4 big blinds. NL seems more profitable, am I completely wrong in my thinking? These are just ideas I have, not what I truely beleive..

Isura
09-13-2005, 07:04 PM
They are both profitable if you are good. Limit is probably better to learn first.

09-13-2005, 07:32 PM
for any given level of similar sized big blinds, this is true. but for the same sized big blind game, the bankroll you need for nl is larger. for example, the nl50 has blinds .25/.50. these are the same blinds as the .5/1 limit game. the recommended bankroll for nl is 20 buyins or, in this case $1000, while the recommended bankroll for limit is 300bb or $300. so while their blinds are similar, they aren't exactly the same sized game.
something else to take into account is that limit is much easier to multitable, so you can get more hands/hr.