PDA

View Full Version : The wrong guy bet..

Acesover8s
09-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Same game. You limp in EP with KK56ss in clubs. Another limper, then the villian from the prior hand makes it 22$ to go on the cutoff. The button who has been stacked off at least once by this maniac calls. You call and limper calls.

Flop comes Q68 all clubs, you have the second nut. Checked to maniac, who checks(?) Button bets the pot. You know very little about his play, what is your plan of attack?

Anybody prefer a lead into the maniac?

Edit, button and I both had 400$ish, maniac has us well covered.

abscr
09-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Aren't people who get stacked off by a maniac a bit on tilt and looking to trap the maniac to gain as much money off of him? A pot bet would seem to scare people away, so going on weak is strong and strong is weak, I'd say you probably have him. Have you seen him play any other hands from position?

If I'm way off here, just say so and I'll let the people that know what they are talking about discuss.

Oh, and reload. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

edit:
Though, I guess he might be afraid that the maniac might check-raise him so he might not bet anything without the nuts?

joewatch
09-13-2005, 07:33 PM
I would have lead here; now that you have no idea where you are here, I would just fold. Otherwise it will cost you all your chips to find out if your K high flush is good.

obi---one
09-13-2005, 07:36 PM
i really hate second nut flush. but in this situation, a call down seems like the best play.

if board doesnt change...

Big Dave D
09-14-2005, 02:53 AM
Aces,

I actually have played a bit with the "wrong guy" in this hand. His behaviour was so tilty wrong that it could have only been caused by the main Foe of the piece, as he is normally quite solid. And the maniac Foe also played his hand very strangely. I don't think there was any chance you could have played this hand "right" considering how those two played it. Having said this I *probably* call the bet on the flop. What happens after that, only God knows!

gl

dd

PokerGoblin
09-14-2005, 03:06 AM
Aces,

This is a tough spot.

I assume you take this flop four handed?

So after the maniac checks this board, the button bets $88.

Would this maniac slowplay the nuts? Probably not. Is the button the type to bluff against 3 other opponents? Also, would he bet the third or worse nut into three opponents?

I think calling is awful. You don't want to play the rest of this hand out of position. You can get most of your stack in now if you think your hand is good. You can't really raise for information though. I think you will only be called by the nuts.

As far as leading into him, if he raises you, how much info have you gained? He's a maniac right? If one of the other reasonable players raises, then you can fold.

How many times have you made a decision for all your chips with the 2nd best hand when the pot was relatively small to begin with and had it work out?

With two people yet to act, I'd strongly consider folding.

PG

Acesover8s
09-14-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I actually have played a bit with the "wrong guy" in this hand. His behaviour was so tilty wrong that it could have only been caused by the main Foe of the piece, as he is normally quite solid. And the maniac Foe also played his hand very strangely. I don't think there was any chance you could have played this hand "right" considering how those two played it. Having said this I *probably* call the bet on the flop. What happens after that, only God knows!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I had logged time with this opponent as well, but thought he usually made short buys and played very tightly, so I wasn't sure if I had the right guy or not.

Question; do you lead out here or try to walk the maniac a little first? You've criticized me for checkraising in the past, and I do probably do it too much.

Acesover8s
09-14-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't people who get stacked off by a maniac a bit on tilt and looking to trap the maniac to gain as much money off of him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly. I am not entirely sure he was tilting, although I will trust Daves opinion that he was. (and after the results of the hand, I'm sure of it). Some tilters go out of their way to protect their hand because they don't want to be drawn out on again.

Also there were two other players I was concerned with.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a 2-4 game and I had the maximum allowed. If I could've I would've put 2500$ on the table to cover the two weak spots /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Big Dave D
09-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Why pull up 2500 when all you would do is pass more /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have check raised a bit too much of late, although this is not what I would have done here either. In general,when someone is playing as wild as this guy was, I'm happy to just let him keep on betting and I will just keep on calling. Unless I have the nuts of course. So in this case I would have been unhappy, but took one off on the flop and see where we got to.

gl

dd