PDA

View Full Version : Turn action?

Drontier
09-13-2005, 05:51 PM
No reads on villain, intended on checking turn but I picked up a flush draw and I bet instead. How many people change your plan on the turn because you picked the flush draw.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

gamblore99
09-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Without the flush draw, I would check the turn, and probably even see a show down. With the flush draw, I think I still check and still take a showdown unimproved. I don't think you are going to fold to many hands that are ahead, and getting check-raised still sucks.

To other people who check the turn, would you raise the river if ace or king comes?

bank
09-13-2005, 06:04 PM
If you raise this flop it has to be with the intention of a free card play (meaning a turn continuation bet is bad).

I just flat call this flop. Given you raised take that free river!