PDA

View Full Version : Where o where do I raise...

Drontier
09-13-2005, 05:47 PM
I really wanted to pop the turn, because I felt like sb was dumb enough to call 2 cold with whatever he had as well. BB was a solid good player. It seems like I played this way too weak. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

bank
09-13-2005, 05:56 PM
You gotta 3 bet this flop. Given that you flat called you gotta raise this turn...SB is donking a crap load of hands that you beat and you want to charge draws.

gamblore99
09-13-2005, 06:10 PM
If sb is as loose as you say, then he will definitely call 2 more on the flop. You have to expect him to call at least 50% of the time on the turn just to break even. And you might not for sure get bet into on the turn. There are also times when BB will call the flop, then raise the turn when a blank hits or he improves to something like 2 pair and you can still raise. Now sb will be more inclined to call the 2 cold because of the larger pot size. There are very few cards that would cause me to regret putting money into this pot. Raise the flop.