PDA

View Full Version : what would you do? ATs on the turn.

Felipe
09-13-2005, 05:16 PM
This was a handhistory from PT. I'm fixing leaks.

Please reply to this before reading other responses. Thank you.

PokerStars (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero

Why would you do here? WHY?

cold_cash
09-13-2005, 05:19 PM
I check because:

I'm not winning.
Everybody isn't folding.
I don't care about a possible free showdown.

09-13-2005, 05:24 PM
I am checking b/c we have little fold equity, if CO is a reasonable opponet any hand he CC with likely has us beat, and he might be waiting for the turn to raise, and we have a ton of outs and I think we need to improve to win the hand.

Roadstar
09-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Check, at the turn you're going to make your flush about 20% of the time (instead of 35% on the flop). If you bet and CO raises you lose customers to fund your draw. Also you have the added benefit that someone before you bets on the river when you make the nut flush so you could raise. If you bet on the turn, early position players may be less inclined to bet (unless they hit the diamond flush or something like that).

Hope this helps!

Nick C
09-13-2005, 05:34 PM
I would check-call.

If we could fold out 88 with a bet and end up in a 3-way pot versus A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif and 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, then that would be worth doing, but I don't think your results will usually be that good. And I think you'll hardly ever get folds from all three of your opponents.

I don't think betting is awful, though. You have a lot of potential outs (catching a ten on the river might even give you the best hand). And Button may not let you have a free card if you check anyway. But there is some chance you'll get a free card, and if you bet, the chances increase that you'll have to pay two bets to see the river.

moose47
09-13-2005, 05:35 PM
I would check here. Maybe if it was 2 or 3 handed I would bet, but I don't think you can get them all to fold. You almost certainly are not best right now so a bet would not be for value. Also getting check-raised would kind of suck.

chiachu
09-13-2005, 06:36 PM
i think check/call is good here.
too many people to fold.

pyedog
09-13-2005, 07:44 PM
I would check the turn here (hoping to get a free river card) and obviously call any turn bets with the nut flush draw. I don't think there's enough of a chance that you are ahead of 3 other opponents here or that all of them will fold to just justify a turn semi bluff. Plus it would be ideal if you hit your flush and one of the blinds bet out on the river with a pair so that you could raise it. I would also check/fold the river unimproved.

I also agree with your flop bet since I would be hoping to pick up the button and maybe fold a couple of players in this raised 4-handed pot.

@bsolute_luck
09-13-2005, 07:52 PM
check/call with outs.

DeuceKicker
09-13-2005, 08:22 PM
The flush draw and Ace outs (and slight possibility that even a ten will give you the best hand) gives you enough equity to bet this for value, I think. Having it raised behind you would suck, but there's absolutely no reason to assume that will happen.

silkyslim
09-13-2005, 08:59 PM
cap it

ok whats with everyone saying that lately when its not possible, anyhow i check/call, you cant make everyone fold. i would bet if it was more shorthanded