PDA

View Full Version : Johnson to play for KC next week?

Indiana
09-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Heard he is in jail on domestic abuse charges. I just laid a little on the Raiders. Anybody know more about this?

Indy

09-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Not yet, but he will most likely be suspended by the team and/or the NFL.

Sluss
09-14-2005, 07:11 AM
Looks like it is nothing.

From what I have been able to gather from various reports (according to police and the club bouncers) is that his girlfriend was really drunk and out of control. Then she started screaming at him outside the bar. Her friends convinced her to press charges the next morning when they saw bruises on her arms, which are more than likely just from him trying to calm her down.

Easy E
09-14-2005, 08:48 AM
You mean, the Chiefs will have to settle for Priest Holmes? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Indiana
09-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Now EasyE,

Being the great football handicapper that you are you should realize that this makes a difference. As a matter of fact, the biggest injury of interest to a pro sports better is one to the Center. That's right, the guy hiking the ball. The reason for this is that the general public and linesmakers never adjust the lines for an injury to such a low-profile player. But the Center is important and we need to lay our bets around this injury.

Just my 2 cents,

Indy

stillbr
09-14-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now EasyE,

Being the great football handicapper that you are you should realize that this makes a difference. As a matter of fact, the biggest injury of interest to a pro sports better is one to the Center. That's right, the guy hiking the ball. The reason for this is that the general public and linesmakers never adjust the lines for an injury to such a low-profile player. But the Center is important and we need to lay our bets around this injury.

Just my 2 cents,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about Larry Johnson. Not a center.

Indiana
09-14-2005, 11:46 AM
My point is that any loss should make u rethink the odds being laid.

Indy

Easy E
09-14-2005, 11:50 AM
I think I'll stick with the Chiefs and the under. I don't see this changing anything

jedinite
09-14-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'll stick with the Chiefs and the under. I don't see this changing anything

[/ QUOTE ]
Very much agreed (as a hometown KC'er). If it were late in the season and Priest really needed the rest, not having such an explosive back to take 10 carries off his hands might matter a little more. But its early, Priest is in great shape. If LJ is out, the Chiefs will likely spell Priest by occasionally letting T.Rich (fb) carry the ball occasionally instead of subbing LJ.

Negligible impact. In fact, I'm hoping JL does get suspended and the line moves slightly in favor of KC as a result with an action swing of outsiders thinking LJ out will matter...

ajmargarine
09-14-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As a matter of fact, the biggest injury of interest to a pro sports better is one to the Center.

[/ QUOTE ]

See Minnesota Vikings for confirmation of this theory.

09-14-2005, 04:37 PM
If Larry Johnson is out it shouldn't have an impact on the result of the game as Holmes can easily carry the ball 30 times for the chiefs. I personally dont like betting this game, it's gonna be a high scoring shootout that could go either way, even though the chiefs have won most of the close ones in recent history against the raiders.

eggzz
09-14-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Negligible impact. In fact, I'm hoping JL does get suspended and the line moves slightly in favor of KC as a result with an action swing of outsiders thinking LJ out will matter...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooooo, don't say this. I drafted LJ in all three of my fantasy leagues. This is really mucking up my RB situation.

jedinite
09-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Latest word from the local media is that there will be no suspension at all, UNLESS criminal charges are filed. Right now there is conflicting information if there was actually a criminal act or not...

Either way I'd say based on latest reports its 99% certain no suspension happens this week - but its possible criminal charges will in fact be filed later and he'll see a later suspension by the team/league.