PDA

View Full Version : Paradise killing anybody else?

bozlax
09-13-2005, 04:37 PM
For the love of Mike, it's so slow! I get in, maybe, 2/3 of the hands per hour that I get anywhere else. And I know it CAN go faster, since today when I was HU with an all-in preflop, it threw all 5 streets down at once, gave me the money and swept the table so fast that I almost didn't even get to see what my winning hand was.

Is it the players?

mosquito
09-13-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the love of Mike, it's so slow! I get in, maybe, 2/3 of the hands per hour that I get anywhere else. And I know it CAN go faster, since today when I was HU with an all-in preflop, it threw all 5 streets down at once, gave me the money and swept the table so fast that I almost didn't even get to see what my winning hand was.

Is it the players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel your pain. It's mostly software IMO, altho
the players also seem slow, as if drunk, sometimes.

Clearing 10X bonus at Paradise 3-tabling takes twice
as long as anyplace else with 4 tabling.

SoCalRugger
09-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I withdrew all my money after I cleared the last bonus, and I don't plan on returning. The slowness of the games was bad, but the hidden tables in the lobby was the last straw. I'd log in and not see a single 5/10 table listed most of the time, and maybe if I left it open long enough, a couple would appear. If they can't get something as simple as that working, they can go to hell.

kiddj
09-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Yeah: what's up with the hidden tables? Is it a glitch, or do they do it on purpose?

otter
09-13-2005, 05:49 PM
What you describe is either the software or your computer moving slowly, not the players. I haven't been there in years, but I hear the software is awfully slow.

bozlax
09-13-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What you describe is either the software or your computer moving slowly, not the players. I haven't been there in years, but I hear the software is awfully slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can guarantee that it's not my computer. As far as the software is concerned, as I said, HU with an all-in preflop, all 5 cards came out and were taken away so fast I could hardly see what my winning hand looked like. It actually seems like they might not have enough bandwidth between their servers and the world.

WDC
09-13-2005, 06:08 PM
It's slow and I think it is because they started to advertise on TV and are getting a lot of new players. I say this because it seems that the slowness really coincided with the advertising. In any case I took all my money out a couple of weeks ago.

BaggyAnt
09-13-2005, 06:15 PM
it's because when players download the software it automatically optimises graphics and sound. This causes big slow down and I would imagine that other players having this turned on makes a big difference in playing time

09-13-2005, 06:23 PM
The software is dead slow. While I cleared my signup bonus, I 3-tabled there and still had time to read 2+2.

The tradeoff is the really bad players (they're doing a large amount of TV advertising for their million-dollar freeroll). Their SNGs are filled with people who have only two bet sizes: the minimum, and all-in.

Actually, this leads me to a thought: is it possible that they DESIGNED their software to keep games dead slow, so that the good players go elsewhere? Might be along the same lines as Pacific's one-table limit.

SavageMiser
09-13-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, this leads me to a thought: is it possible that they DESIGNED their software to keep games dead slow, so that the good players go elsewhere? Might be along the same lines as Pacific's one-table limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? No. Slower games equals less rake per hour.

JustDerek
09-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Slow? Maybe a little, but... I've found that it's certainly not Pacific Poker slow. Heck, it even seemed to me that PokerRoom (download version, not Java) is slower than Paradise.

As far as I'm concerned, Paradise satisfies my requirements in terms of range of limits available, range of tourney buy-ins, overall traffic and fish population. If only you could autorequest hand histories from Paradise with PT, I might not shop around at other sites.

Slacker13
09-13-2005, 09:14 PM
I agree it is real slow and I would really like to see a software upgrade or whatever is needed to fix it because I like the site. I like their layout and I have been doing very well financially there.

kdog
09-13-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree it is real slow and I would really like to see a software upgrade or whatever is needed to fix it because I like the site. I like their layout and I have been doing very well financially there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this Slacker. Paradise's layout is the easiest on the eyes of any site and the fish quotient is good lately too. But, Jeeeeezus, the software is bad.

09-13-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What? No. Slower games equals less rake per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]
So does fewer tables...

KeysrSoze
09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Seriously. Full tables get what, 30 hands per hour average? If I dont use the act in turn buttons, it usually takes 10 to 15 seconds for my action to register. I'm sure its the same for many others at the same tables by the amount of time one betting round takes. I'm barely halfway through the last reload bonus, I 3 table and am still bored out of my mind and have to quit after an hour.

09-14-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I also love the 5 handed limit tables. You don't see that anywhere else.

09-14-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I dont use the act in turn buttons, it usually takes 10 to 15 seconds for my action to register.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I DO use the in-turn checkboxes, it still seems to take a random amount of time. The advantage of this: on most sites I purposely vary my call/raise time, but on Paradise I can just click the check box and the software does it for me.

Guthrie
09-14-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I withdrew all my money after I cleared the last bonus, and I don't plan on returning. The slowness of the games was bad, but the hidden tables in the lobby was the last straw. I'd log in and not see a single 5/10 table listed most of the time, and maybe if I left it open long enough, a couple would appear. If they can't get something as simple as that working, they can go to hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

TimsterToo
09-14-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I dont use the act in turn buttons, it usually takes 10 to 15 seconds for my action to register.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I DO use the in-turn checkboxes, it still seems to take a random amount of time. The advantage of this: on most sites I purposely vary my call/raise time, but on Paradise I can just click the check box and the software does it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll start using the checkboxes again too!

But seriously guys, please all leave Paradise for faster better sites. You deserve better!

I'll hang around seeing as with all the 2+2 regulars far away it will truly be <font color="red"> Paradise </font> /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

teajay
09-14-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to clear the last $40 of my bonus. Then paradise could go to hell. This site has gotten ridiculous. I hope they, like other sites, have PR people lurking this board.

09-14-2005, 01:59 PM
What may actually put me off Paradise: their hand history e-mail system, badly designed in the first place, has a random chance of actually getting a HH to you.

I took down the biggest pot I may ever get last night (48 BB), so naturally I wanted the HH. I clicked their button, waited 10 minutes...nothing. Tried again, nothing. Half an hour later, still nothing. Tried exactly 10 more times over the course of the next hour. Nothing...then I get the second HH I requested. No sign of the first.

Sent an e-mail to support. I get a canned reply back on how to request a HH. I respond that that wasn't my question -- that I would like to know where my HHs are -- and I get a canned response back about how I need more points to enter their million-dollar freeroll again. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Over the next two hours, I get about HALF of the HHs I requested. The others never arrived.

The ONLY good thing about Paradise is the soft tables. It just depends on how much tolerance you have for the other crap.