PDA

View Full Version : Björk

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Alright, so I never really got into Björk, but I typically like the several songs of hers that I've heard and a lot of people get really excited about her. For whatever reason, the DirecTv Alternative music channel plays Human Behaviour more often than you'd expect for a random song from 1993 and I do like it. Also, off the top of my head, there's another song, I think it's Army of Me, that I really like. I can't think of the titles of any of the other songs I like.

Any fans of Björk want to recommend her best album or two?

DrSavage
09-13-2005, 02:44 PM
To me every album seemed to have 2-3 great songs and a lot of filler. So I really just listen to Greatest Hits mostly :/

Toro
09-13-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Björk

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you get the dipthong things over the o?

JoshuaD
09-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Vespertine is my favorite album by her. Raw sexual energy just exudes from each song.

None of the songs are bad on that album, but my favorites are cocoon and pagan poetry. Hierloom is probably really underated, and it's also one of my favorites.

Medulla and Debut are both also really good. Venus as a Boy and Mouth's Cradle are two of my favorite songs by her.

The thing with Bjork is she uses alot of unfamiliar sounds, so when you first hear it, it's very, very hard for your ear to discern what's going on. We're really accustomed to hearing the guitar/guitar/bass/drum/singer sound, and Bjork is nowhere near there, so it takes our ear a while to get accustomed to her sound.

Once you get used to it you won't go back. It's amazing stuff. Try putting it on when you've got a girl over. It's amazing mood music.

P.S I nominate this for the best thread in OOT, ever.

09-13-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hold down ALT while you type 142 on the number pad.

pokerdirty
09-13-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope you had to look this up..

Toro
09-13-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ä

Toro
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ä

Why did an A come out?

durron597
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope you had to look this up..

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at his username...

09-13-2005, 03:49 PM
I think Bjork's music is the type you need to get used to. My best friend in H. S. was a big Sugarcubes fan he used to play them all the time, and the more you listen the more you like.
I like that song "Aeroplane" it was out in the mid 90s. All her stuff is so unique

smokingrobot
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
i like that song all is full of love. heard it after watching that video collection from chris cunningham

asofel
09-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Joga is a great song.

MarkL444
09-13-2005, 04:05 PM
actually my fav bjork song is pluto

MarkL444
09-13-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like that song all is full of love.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've got the Stigmata soundtrack and it's on there. Pretty good song.

Lazymeatball
09-13-2005, 05:41 PM
öÄÅÉæÆôöò ok, i have to stop now

JackWilson
09-13-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Björk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easiest way to find the codes for this is to open up Character Map: Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools

You can either cut and paste from here or look at the keystroke combination in the bottom right corner.

Toro
09-13-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
öÄÅÉæÆôöò ok, i have to stop now

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you think you've milked the infamy of being out first in the worcester challenge long enough /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seadood228
09-13-2005, 06:26 PM
As others have said, most Bjork songs take a lot of listening to get into, but I guess the same can be said for a lot of great artists.. I like Post the best, but they are all pretty decent.

With all this talk of music, perhaps we should start posting our collections so we can all trade.