PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate Gift for Aunt

zokbarjazz
09-13-2005, 02:14 PM
You guys should be able to help me here.

My aunt, who is 45ish (I am 22), is converting to Judaism this Friday, and some of my family is going to visit for support/celebration. I want to bring a gift, but am very inexperienced with buying gifts for adult family members (besides parents). For background, my aunt married into the family about 12 years ago, is very well liked, and her and I have a good relationship.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Shajen
09-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Amex gift card

zokbarjazz
09-13-2005, 02:23 PM
they have plenty of money...i need an actual gift.

also, flowers don't seem right.

Shajen
09-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, what interests and hobbies does she have?

You aren't giving enough info, that's why my generic "amex gift card" response was given.

tek
09-13-2005, 02:28 PM
How 'bout a new robe to wear at her Mikvah and a case of Kabbalah water /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

zokbarjazz
09-13-2005, 02:30 PM
nice edit /images/graemlins/grin.gif

zokbarjazz
09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
fair enough. i meant it to be vague, though...just think of her as an older family member who you like and get along well with, but doesn't have a lot of hobbies because she works and has two kids.

i need something that says "congratulations" without making other adult family members feel weird because maybe they just got her a card.

Shajen
09-13-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fair enough. i meant it to be vague, though...just think of her as an older family member who you like and get along well with, but doesn't have a lot of hobbies because she works and has two kids.

i need something that says "congratulations" without making other adult family members feel weird because maybe they just got her a card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...sounds like she needs a massage/spa gift certificate. I don't think you can go wrong with this play.

zokbarjazz
09-13-2005, 02:40 PM
nice! i was actually thinking that as i typed the last response...i'll have to look into massage/spa places in north-central jersey.

anyone else?

thanks OOT Pro.

09-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Tickets to a Broadway show.