PDA

View Full Version : easy fold with K-high flush?

09-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Villain is 14/12.3/2.9

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds, Button folds.

Turn: (3.00 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.00 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.00 BB.

Easy fold, no?

ErrantNight
09-13-2005, 02:03 PM
horrendous fold

brettbrettr
09-13-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
horrendous fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see you're back.

PITTM
09-13-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
horrendous fold

[/ QUOTE ]

ErrantNight
09-13-2005, 02:19 PM
haven't we already discussed by back-ness? and what happened to the phone call that saturday for your going away poker game? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

how's NYC?

09-13-2005, 02:19 PM
What is villain 3-betting here?

TheHip41
09-13-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is villain 3-betting here?

[/ QUOTE ]

A straight?
Lower flush?
Two pair?
A bluff?

People are retared on Party Poker, seriously

ErrantNight
09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
(a) a worse flush
(b) a better flush
(c) a straight
(d) two-pair
(e) i don't know, but as long as it doesn't involve the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif i'm a happy man
(f) any/some of the above
(h) all of the above

pick your poison

brettbrettr
09-13-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
haven't we already discussed by back-ness? and what happened to the phone call that saturday for your going away poker game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I busted the game in 30 mins, then bought everyone whisky. I figured I'd spare you the busting, but I prob should have invited you for booze.

[ QUOTE ]

how's NYC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Goot.

ErrantNight
09-13-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
haven't we already discussed by back-ness? and what happened to the phone call that saturday for your going away poker game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I busted the game in 30 mins, then bought everyone whisky. I figured I'd spare you the busting, but I prob should have invited you for booze.

[ QUOTE ]

how's NYC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

no worries... i'll "holla" at you when i hit up NYC sometime, um, soon. assuming my girlfriend will let me get away. and assuming that if i could get away booze and games to bust up would be prominently involved.

09-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Fold??? You got to be kidding. Your already down to the river with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif high flush. Yes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif is possible but you have a monster hand can't fold that. Alright I'll be ok. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

@bsolute_luck
09-13-2005, 03:14 PM
if your draw comes in and suddenly you fear the only card in the deck to beat you: you should have folded the flop /images/graemlins/mad.gif

sy_or_bust
09-13-2005, 03:22 PM
This fold isn't that bad at all. Villain is a very tight TAG, played it like a draw, the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif is out, and it's a stretch to think many worse hands - if any - are 3-betting the river. Villain won't perceive any fold equity with the 3-bet, just value. The only kicker is the pot size (which should make this a slight call), and perhaps Villain's image of you.

droolie
09-13-2005, 04:00 PM
I just threw up in my mouth. (I hope this was a jopke hand)

ErrantNight
09-13-2005, 04:03 PM
let me elaborate...

the river plan was horrendous. raising with the intention of folding is teh suck.

jat850
09-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Straight math - to fold you have conclude that there is less than a 1 in 8 chance that the Villian does NOT have the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. How can you be that sure?

If you were that worried about the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif why raise in the first place? And once you have raised, what was it about his 3 bet turned you around 180 degrees and now you know he has it? You've NEVER seen anyone throw a last bet HU against someone knowing that if they just call they lose?
Once you have raised, it is a wimp out not to call down.

And how about the next hand when have taught people to raise you to get you to fold?

And God forbid you SHOWED the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif as you folded.

If you lose, take your $10 lump and say "Nice hand."

jason_t
09-13-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if your draw comes in and suddenly you fear the only card in the deck to beat you: you should have folded the flop /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

People are overreacting to the fold in this hand, and reasoning like this is retarded.

brettbrettr
09-13-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People are overreacting to the fold in this hand, and reasoning like this is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the master of hyperbole himself/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As for the fold, its prob not "horrendous." But I'd need a very strong read to make it.

jason_t
09-13-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

From the master of hyperbole himself/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Azhrarn
09-13-2005, 05:19 PM
This fold's okay.

Your opponent looks like a TAG, the pot is not that big, and I can't remember the last time I saw a non-maniac 3-bet the river on a non-paired four-flush board without the nuts. Both you and your opponent played the hand like a draw, so a thinking opponent should be worried about you having the ace unless he has it.

This kind of thing does tend to hurt your table image, though.

callmedonnie
09-13-2005, 05:25 PM
yea, this is really bad and loses lots of money. as an aside, why call the flop if when you hit you were just going to put money in and not even showdown? something to think about.

PITTM
09-13-2005, 05:31 PM
it might not have been the fold that was horrid so much as it was his river plan in general that was horrid. why raise to fold to a 3 bet? i really dont like this. i either call the bet(doubtful) or raise and call the 3 bet(more likely).

rj

09-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Since he bet the flop and checked the turn i thought that he might have bet the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, why would he check with a made hand on this board?. When i got my flush on the river i thought that a raise was the way to go since it felt like i was only going to be re-raised by the A-high flush(since villain is somewhat TAGish). I dont think the pot is laying me correct odds in this case (against this opponent) to make the call. I know its bad for my image to fold these but i was planning on ending my session anyway.

cbragado
09-13-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't like raising the river. I call the original bet looking for overcalls. If the raise comes I call the raise at the river.

By raising the river though, I'm pretty much obligated to call in this large pot.

jason_t
09-13-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like raising the river. I call the original bet looking for overcalls. If the raise comes I call the raise at the river.

By raising the river though, I'm pretty much obligated to call in this large pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a HU pot.

cbragado
09-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Sorry I misread the OP. I'd call the raise though

baronzeus
09-13-2005, 07:03 PM
if you think SB is at all reasonable, this is an easy fold. no way he bets the flop with Js. he bet it with AsXx and hit on the river.

PITTM
09-13-2005, 07:17 PM
which is why you dont raise...

rj

09-13-2005, 07:31 PM
I felt i had too little information not to raise this river.

ErrantNight
09-14-2005, 08:08 AM
he didn't have to bet the flop with a flush draw