PDA

View Full Version : Which Power Tool Would You Choose To Be and Why.

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Inspired by this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3394032&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1) in which -Skeme- claimed that I was a power tool, which came as a surprise to me because as far as I know I do not have electricity running through me nor am I a machine used in a manufacturing process, I started thinking about what power tool I would want to be, if I could in fact be one . I am doing this mostly because power tools are cool and to humor -Skeme-'s stupid ass. So which one would you guys want to be? I was thinking a bitchin cordless drill would be cool, but upon deeper thought, I have settled on a rotary hammer simply because they pwn. Anytime you have the ability to drill through cement, something is right in the world. What tool would you guys pick, and why?

As an aside, this thread could become a thread to discuss sweet tools, so clearly little boys should just ignore this thread.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 01:07 PM
I'd be one of those newer coin stamping machines at the Denver Mint because baby, I'm so money and I know it.

swede123
09-13-2005, 01:07 PM
A good reciprocating saw. Not crude like a chainsaw, but not wimpy like a circular or jig saw.

Swede

Tailgunner
09-13-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-Skeme- claimed that I was a power tool

[/ QUOTE ]

tool: Vulgar Slang. A penis.

power: The ability or capacity to perform or act effectively.

I guess he just thought you were really good at being a prick /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Skeme- claimed that I was a power tool

[/ QUOTE ]

tool: Vulgar Slang. A penis.

power: The ability or capacity to perform or act effectively.

I guess he just thought you were really good at being a prick /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]thats possible, back to Tool Time man!

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A good reciprocating saw. Not crude like a chainsaw, but not wimpy like a circular or jig saw.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]this is a good choice and analysis.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 01:14 PM
I would also consider being a 3-D rapid prototyping machine or an abrasive water cutter. Those things are badass. Are these allowed, or does it have to be something a guy's likely to have in his garage?

swede123
09-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Those water cutters are freakin' awesome. But including that kind of equipment kinda ups the ante of this question.

Swede

steelcmg
09-13-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would also consider being a 3-D rapid prototyping machine

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome choice we had an older model in college of course they got a new one the year after i left.

imported_The Vibesman
09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
I'd be a jackhammer, because I can shake it up.

This is the first thread I've ever posted in that had this line in the OP:
[ QUOTE ]

As an aside, this thread could become a thread to discuss sweet tools, so clearly little boys should just ignore this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

M2d
09-13-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing, that, posturing aside, most people on OOT would really be a weed wacker

Shajen
09-13-2005, 01:59 PM
pneumatic nail gun.

Something cool about shooting spikes of metal into [censored]. http://www.industrialnailers.com/ProductImages/roofing-nail-guns/nailgun.jpg

MrMon
09-13-2005, 02:00 PM
If it's not available at Home Depot, it doesn't count.

Matt Flynn
09-13-2005, 02:33 PM
I would prefer to be one of those all-in-wonder tools, because they look good and don't work.

sfer
09-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Drill press. Duh.

stanky
09-13-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Dewalt makes a kick ass 18V cordless that whips through wood like its butter. The only problem is that it doesn't hold a charge for long so I had to buy a second battery which is ridiculously expensive, about 2/3rds the price of the saw itself.

Boris
09-13-2005, 02:46 PM
I'd be a Stihl 066 chainsaw and it's not even close. That thing kicks serious ass.

JayLear
09-13-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll give you jigsaw, but what exactly is wimpy about a circular saw? A circular saw would kick a reciprocating saw's ass.

bravos1
09-13-2005, 03:15 PM
is an electric dildo a tool /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cuz if so, well then.....

stanky
09-13-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A circular saw would kick a reciprocating saw's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be close. For straight cuts threw a 2X4 the cicular wins. But for just about everything else I would give it to the reciprocating saw, it has multi tasking capabilities.

stanky
09-13-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is an electric dildo a tool /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cuz if so, well then.....

[/ QUOTE ]

...time for some spelunkin'

09-13-2005, 03:22 PM
http://www.theliquidimage.com/samplpages/kidsfantsy/images/bunny.jpg

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-13-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like we need a powertool cage match tournament!

JayLear
09-13-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be close. For straight cuts threw a 2X4 the cicular wins. But for just about everything else I would give it to the reciprocating saw, it has multi tasking capabilities.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ever try cutting a sheet of plywood with a reciprocating saw? Rough lumber and sheet goods, the circular saw rules. Reciprocating saw for demolition only.

smokingrobot
09-13-2005, 03:30 PM
i was seriously put off by his attitude as well, but he's 18 & i figured i was a prick at 18 too, so its only karmic/fair/whatever you want to attribute it to.

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]dude, roto hammer made out of steel kills. It would crush the saw.

smokingrobot
09-13-2005, 03:35 PM
wood chipper yo. i'll [censored] [censored] up.

PokerBob
09-13-2005, 03:36 PM
and it's not close

bravos1
09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and it's not close

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn.. like that even better than my electric version! Although diesel is hella expensive now...

stanky
09-13-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of my job involves runing gas lines into existing fireplaces. I have a Bosch hammer drill with a 3' bit to drill the holes, when the customer sees it they're response is usually, "Damn now thats a drill"

Alobar
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Any power tool thats in this video

Enjoy!!!! (http://www.askmen.com/video/2005_feb/feb19_power_tools.html)

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of my job involves runing gas lines into existing fireplaces. I have a Bosch hammer drill with a 3' bit to drill the holes, when the customer sees it they're response is usually, "Damn now thats a drill"

[/ QUOTE ]yeah its definitely the funniest tool I have used.

UCF THAYER
09-13-2005, 03:53 PM
http://www.karex.net/sources/p_295_04_04_jackhammer-jesus_a/big.jpg

And it's not even close.

stanky
09-13-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ever try cutting a sheet of plywood with a reciprocating saw? Rough lumber and sheet goods, the circular saw rules. Reciprocating saw for demolition only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't believe I forgot about sheet goods, you're right as long as your cutting a straight line, you can't cut a curve with a circular saw. I wouldn't say its just for demo though, I use it alot for modifying stuff.

stanky
09-13-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and it's not close

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn.. like that even better than my electric version! Although diesel is hella expensive now...

[/ QUOTE ]

One word: Pneumatic

-Skeme-
09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
This thread cements the fact that you are a huge [censored] tool.

[ QUOTE ]
i was seriously put off by his attitude as well, but he's 18 & i figured i was a prick at 18 too, so its only karmic/fair/whatever you want to attribute it to.

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I a prick? Because I called him a tool? He acts like one in nearly all of his posts. If I had no prior knowledge of him I would swear he's 15.

"nice work beating some ass" to someone who suckerpunched a random drunk guy and bragged about it online? Spoken like someone who's either a) a huge tool or b) a huge tool who's never been in a fight in his life.

CCass
09-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Rotary Hammer is a good choice, but I think I would be a compound mitre saw. As a cms, I get to put the finishing touches on all the trim.

swede123
09-13-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been done (http://www.battlebots.com/). In fact, I'm a bit sad that fad went away. I enjoyed the robot battle shows that were so popular a few years ago.

Swede

-Skeme-
09-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah, what the hell did happen to Battle Bots? That show was awesome. Biohazard was so slick. The design on it's frame was awesome as hell, it's just run directly under peoples wheels. I remember they came out with another show like that. Total ripoff, but it had some crazy maze for them to go through.

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2005, 06:06 PM
you are funny.

smokingrobot
09-13-2005, 11:19 PM
you're right dude, my comment was way outta line and i apologize.

feel free to still think of me as an assh*** though.

also,

who's the dopest mc around? just say it. you already know its true, just stop denying.

ThaSaltCracka
09-13-2005, 11:24 PM
you do realize you are talking to a crack dealer, and a gun totting gang banger, right?

smokingrobot
09-13-2005, 11:27 PM
lmao.

joshman1204
09-13-2005, 11:48 PM
I would be a drilldo!

anyone who has seen the cathouse series on HBO knows what I am talking about... and for those that havent Drilldo (http://www.extremerestraints.com/stat/fh900.html)

morgan180
09-14-2005, 12:09 AM
i think i would be the jaws of life that they use to rip cars open in accidents. those things are ridiculous - anything that can tear through a car is good enough for me.

swede123
09-14-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i would be the jaws of life that they use to rip cars open in accidents. those things are ridiculous - anything that can tear through a car is good enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good answer. That's what I call Ultimate Power!

http://www.nrcornfest.org/donations/jaws_of_life.jpg

ThaSaltCracka
09-14-2005, 12:24 AM
I agree, good answer. Plus you have the advantage of the good karma inducing lifesaver effect.

-Skeme-
09-14-2005, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you do realize you are talking to a crack dealer, and a gun totting gang banger, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny is not with you.