PDA

View Full Version : My TOP is broken

09-13-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm halfway through reading TOP for the first time and the spine is completely trashed. My book is brand new, and I've only gotten through 100ish pages. When I'm not reading it its been closed. The spine is splitting into two right down the middle, and the stitching is coming out. Any suggestions on how to prolong its life? Right now it isn't looking good.

Easy E
09-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Send Mason a message, you might get a replacment

Where did you buy it from?

Lost Wages
09-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I had my copy of HEPFAP spiral bound at Kinko's for about $5. It's most excellent as it will stay open to whatever page you are on.

Lost Wages

09-13-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had my copy of HEPFAP spiral bound at Kinko's for about $5. It's most excellent as it will stay open to whatever page you are on.

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

great idea, hadn't thought of that.

KramerTM
09-13-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm halfway through reading TOP for the first time and the spine is completely trashed. My book is brand new, and I've only gotten through 100ish pages. When I'm not reading it its been closed. The spine is splitting into two right down the middle, and the stitching is coming out. Any suggestions on how to prolong its life? Right now it isn't looking good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really funny. Altough my version is much older, this same thing happened to me. The cover is basically deetached from the book.

Jinx230
09-13-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I like the idea, especially for TOP.

09-13-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Send Mason a message, you might get a replacment

Where did you buy it from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought it from Amazon at the beginning of summer. It sat on my bookshelf up until a few weeks ago. Thanks for the advice.

newhizzle
09-15-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Theory of Poker

Excerpt Available
Theory of Poker by David Sklansky discusses theories and concepts applicable to nearly every variation of the game, including five-card draw (high), seven-card stud, hold'em, lowball draw, and razz (seven-card lowball stud). This book introduces you to the Fundamental Theorem of Poker, its implications, and how the theorem should affect your play. Other chapters discuss the value of deception, bluffing, raising, the slow-play, the value of position, psychology, heads-up play, game theory, implied odds, the free card, semibluffing, and much more.
Many of today's top poker players will tell you that this is the book that really made a difference in their play. That is, these are the ideas that separate the experts from the typical player. Those who read and study this book will literally leave behind those who don't, and most serious players wear the covers off their copies. In many ways, this is probably the best book ever written on poker. (276 pages; ISBN #1-880685-00-0...$29.95)

[/ QUOTE ]

well i think you are on your way to becoming a serious player

09-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Same thing happened to my copy of TOP AND SSH
do they have retarded monkeys making these books or something?
ive got pages falling out everywhere...

its not like im beating the crap out of these books either..

for a $30 softcover, i would like it to last more than a year before going into self-destruct mode.

[hyp]

greatwhite
09-17-2005, 07:31 AM
After one month of not mistreating my SSHE book the starting hand pages feel out. The worst I've ever done to them is hold them open with my hands for about an hour. They definately need better bindings. Whatever company made Play Poker Like The Pros had it down.